GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried to use Paypal, but it failed in the end. The error message didn't tell why.

In the end bought ticket with credit card, but didn't receive any email confirmation even if the page said it would come.
So some problems with the web page or what is going on?
just checking

what's name would your purchase come through as ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Still no confirmation. My first name is Antti.
Tried with my Finnish and Japanese address.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Shame the topic got closed on skyline owners, hope the existing channels drums up enough interest by the end of the month! Looking forward to it either way but definitely hope the car is able to be won.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Still no confirmation. My first name is Antti.
Tried with my Finnish and Japanese address.
hi
did you find the confirmation email ?
if not I'll send your invoice over

your entry is in and confirmed either way.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
listen to him bigr20 and hurry up :chuckle:
I'm doing my best but people just aren't trusting enough.

I can't continue it for too long, it's to time consuming and alot of work ontop of my busy life.
I didn't plan on a huge promotion at work but since then my work load has tripled.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
:'(
i will not have my r34 ? lol
I'm trying my best and I've spent alot om adverts so will see what happens by the end of the month.
minimum for the cash prize is about £15k so better than nothing but the car would be alot better.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
****it, I'll have a crack. Where do I sign up
fair play its winajapcar.com there's a discount code at the moment (rb26) gives you £4 off. just doing that to get it going abit better.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Well I'm quite dissapointed about this,so nobody wins the car its now £15k cash prize !

I would of thought if not enough ticket sales we would all get our money back.

I certainly wouldn't have bought a ticket if id known this could happen.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
This idea is absolutely stupid from the start.

The car could fetch £60k and there was never any chance he***8217;d get that from ticket sales alone.

This would always be the outcome.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Well I'm quite dissapointed about this,so nobody wins the car its now £15k cash prize !

I would of thought if not enough ticket sales we would all get our money back.

I certainly wouldn't have bought a ticket if id known this could happen.

I wonder how much money has been made beyond the £15k prize under the pretence of advertising; somebody has made a healthy sum.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I wonder how much money has been made beyond the £15k prize under the pretence of advertising; somebody has made a healthy sum.
None is the answer

I've been as transparent as I can throughout the whole thing.

As I stated from the start It was a idea and not a business Idea, it was one time only.

The time and expensive gone into this to just sell a car for near on market value is massive.

The final figure off around £21500 from sales.
advertisements from Facebook and Instagram which are massive, £2500.
solicitors fees £1100
website and domain names and online shop fees £622
transaction fees of around £2000

I'll happily post a screen shot of the costs I can gather, I've done everything by the book so I have nothing to hide.

I have kept £350 back for the last Facebook and Instagram bill to come out on the 23rd of May.

I do appreciate the comments about how stupid it is, but if trying something new is stupid then I suppose that's what I am.

I am truly Sorry its not going ahead with the car as the prize maybe I over estimated the appeal of a r34 gtr and 2000 tickets was to much.
I have tried hard to keep it going even through the countless messages of abuse, after speaking to other competitons to see if they would take control and promote with a fee, but they are not interested they are just after a huge profit, something I was never about.

car will be up for sale the conventional way probably go to someone who will store it and never use it.

·
Registered
24,977 Posts
you can't do right in this situation.

the other ones i have seen (the FD3S and 32) are much lower car values compared to 34, so its just a numbers game and large profit if you run it like that.

there are alot of "hidden" costs, as you have put above.

catch 22 now tho, as you cannot refund everyone, (you would be out of pocket) and have changed the rules on the competition

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.