GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys, well i have to take out my motor and fix it again and the woes just dont stop.
So i need to get a new flywheel and figured that i would get a twin plate clutch system while i was at it.
So there are two nismo twin plate coppermix clutches so which one do i choose cause im not sure what the differences are accept for the power handling difference

the part numbers are as follows
Normal clutch twin plate coppermix : 3002B-RSR48
this handles something like 670hp

then there is the competition clutch 780hp handling power part number
3002B-RRR47-C

I need clutch system that i can use on street predominatly but there will be some track use and hard launching.
Is the lower spec one more streetable?
is the competition model harder to drive on street ?
Can anyone on the forum confirm this ?

hope to hear from you guys thanks
Adam

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Nismo all the way. The super copper-mix twin is very very good.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Havent driven the lower spec model but the 780 ps model with the Nismo slave is fine. I dont find it a hassle at all on the road.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not going big Hp but have to change my flywheel and Clutch system as its wrecked my third motor now just found out.
So possibly 550 Hp

·
Registered
26,758 Posts
your information is incorrect

nismo do 2 clutches

one is rated for 420ish, the other 670ish

though id say it would handle 600bhp in reality

if you want either let me konw, have them in stock

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rhd japan has specified those details

Im not sure as i quoted from rhdjapans website on both clutch systems and how can a low power 420 Hp clutch system and a high powered 600 hp clutch system be 100 usd difference in price ?
im confused

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
your information is incorrect

nismo do 2 clutches

one is rated for 420ish, the other 670ish

though id say it would handle 600bhp in reality

if you want either let me konw, have them in stock
Standard coppermix twin plate is rated for ~ 670PS (slightly less for early push type clutch), competition is ~770PS

I think Matty is confused with the Coppermix single which is rated at ~420PS

·
Registered
726 Posts
carbonetics l waited 4 months for 1 and gave up went for carbon twin though lasts better.

l have heard good reports on the coppermix

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Competition twin plate vs standard twin plate, the competition one is harder to drive on the street (ie more pedal effort). When I asked a Nissan dealer here about it, that's all they could come up with (difference-wise) other than the power handling. The specs also support this.

Have you checked out the Nismo english website?
NISMO | SUPER COPPERMIX TWIN

·
Registered
726 Posts
? carbonetics do a carbon twin - what make did you go for?
yes carbonetics 800 bhp max with 1350 pressure plate and type R drive.

l went for the Xeddy twin carbon race type D

·
Registered
649 Posts
Carbonetics

I am currently going on my third month running the Type R Carbonetics Twin with the Carbon coated flywheel and pressure plate, and 1350Kg of clamping force. Feels a little harder than stock, but it is easy to use in stop and go traffic, it bites hard from the get go, also the hotter it gets harder it bites, it is no joke, cruising in fourth turning about 4500K, snatch a down shift and hold on. I gave $2410.00 USD for the Carbonetics set up I'm running now, delivered to my front door with the conversion kit, slave cylinder, braided line, Go Carbon - Just my 2Yen:):)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts