GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone else is experiencing a complete and utter lack of any kind of support or service from Nissan cars as I am? I drive an R35 Black Edition bought new in 2010.

In October my passenger door stopped opening (probably caused by my daughter trying to open it as I was unlocking it). I took it to my local repair station who does all my work on all my cars, and who is a good personal friend. He removed the door trim and quickly identified the broken door mechanism. I phoned Nissan and told them the problem and could they fix this under warranty. Their response was that I had to first re-instal the faulty part and door trim, then drive to the GT-R place (Glyn Hopkin in Romford), a drive of over an hour (even in a GT-R) so that they could take the door trim off again and pronounce that the part was faulty. They would then send me back home again, another drive of an hour or so. Finally 2 or so weeks later they would summon me back again for fitting the part, probably keeping the car in overnight, though they did ask if I had someone to take me home and back again the next day). I found this ridiculous and asked how much the part cost. As it was only £180 I told them that I would not bother to claim under warranty but would buy the part independently (via my friend's service station). He ordered the part direct from Nissan indicating that the car was VOR (Vehicle off Road), as without a functioning passenger door I regard the car as too dangerous to use with a passenger. I am still waiting for the part to be delivered, albeit from Japan. Here's the big deal though, the part was ordered on the 17th October. Not only has the part yet to be delivered but Nissan have not said anything about why they are taking so long, and certainly no apology or anything!

Last year a friend of mine asked what car I would buy if I sold my GT-R. Without hesitation I told him, "another GT-R". Well I am looking to buy a new car next year, but with service like this I am no longer sure about how I would answer that question anymore. The 2014 spec Corvette is beginning to look mighty appealing.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Have you or your friend chased the part with Glyn Hopkins as a VOR part should not take anything like that long. Normally Nissan ship parts via Freighters and that do you normally use air freight, but for VOR for a small part like that I would have thought it would have been shipped via air.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would have thought so. My friend suggested that maybe the part is not currently in production. Any which way, I currently drive my wife's van rather than my own GT-R. :( (Except in nicer weather and then I drive one of my classics) :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another calendar week starts, another week of not driving my GT-R. :(

I'd like to complain about this as high up in Nissan as I can get, and I'm not talking about those jokers at Glyn Hopkins. Anyone have a contact?

I feel that there will soon be a 10 plated, matt black wrapped, titanium Y pipe and exhaust (blue tipped), Bridgestone shod GT-R coming on the market in the new year as I am rapidly losing any faith in the brand.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
I'd be tempted to sack of the warranty job, find out what the part number is if the busted piece, order it off courtesyparts in the US and fit it myself.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Problem are Nissan Japan in the end, Have experiance simular problem with small and big orders :(

Ac Radiator tok me 5 months to get here Yokohama - Sweden and no explane at all just shut up and wait or get no new rad :(

Same is from States, Small brackets under car on the composite frame tok like 5-6 weeks and that was in stock, nothing there no better price or a word.

Nissan is pissing on us GTR owners, that is obvius because you pay some penalty fees when order something from them to the cars and service is so low eaven a kia dealer is better and then we drives the Premium Midship car! ^^

Next car will be an Porsche there they care about owners and willing to help out in warranty issues for example.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts