GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By this thread I want to thank kev (GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum - View Profile: kgleeson).

I bought a build bottom-end from him around 2 months ago. It's a RB26DETT with 87mm pistons, sump extension, N1 oil and water pumps. It came straight from his car. Kev did not have any problems with it.

I wanted to refresh it a bit with new bearings and balance the crankshaft just to be sure. After opening the bottom-end we (me and the guys that are rebuilding my engine) noticed that wrong size bearings where used. Mostlikely due to that the crank had burnmarks due to overheating. One of the oilsquirts was completely clogged. We also found small cracks in the crankshaft near the oil holes. This all resulted that i had to buy a new crankshaft and that the block needed to be overhauled.

This is all my personal risk when buying used parts. The price I paid for the bottom-end was not too high. But not all too long, after contacting Kev about what the above, I got a partial refund. That is an amazing gesture.

This is the spirit, honesty that we all need.

A BIG thanks and compliments for Kev.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Threads like this show that there are some good persons out there:thumbsup:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Very good to see lads, and a big thumbs up for sharing a positive experience on the forum rather than doom or gloom..........

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I would like to say a big thank you for all your positive feedback, I like to think there are still genuine enthusiasts and members who are not just out for a quick buck :thumbsup:

I made the decision to strip and sell my car 12 months or so ago now and at the tiem the engine was still running and I truly believed without any of the problems Glenn found. I would not have sold the engine as a good motor had I known of the problems. Glenn is a top guy and I am glad we managed to sort it out between ourselves and I wish him all the best with his project.

kev

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Good stuff, top marks to Kev.

Nice to see a positive outcome rather than another bitchfest on how someone got ripped off. However, I still stand buy the old adage of 'buyer beware' especially when buying something like a bottom end. Its been discussed before and I've had my 2pworth but you really cant be too careful as the OP has found out.

Glad to see its all been sorted in a friendly way..

TT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts