GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is there on the market (UK and Jap) for replacing the Charge Pipe for something less restrictive and lighter maybe? For stock positioned low mount turbo's.

Photos and idea on price would be nice, as also any Custom/Bespoke Made Pipework
(Please don't post photos of those Tsukuba Attack GTR's with all that titanium loveliness, I want it so bad but can't afford to spend that much on Ti Pipework ;) )

Cheers :)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Nismo springs to mind. Less restrictive than the stock item. Improves spool-up and responsivness.

I think Trust/Greddy do one aswell.

I think the Nismo is the only one available where it fits beside a stock airbox AFAIK. All the others require the relevant induction kit

Heres some pics of my engine bay with the Nismo pipe

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've heard the Nismo one is worth 30bhp, my custom made ones (like the ATTKD car but alloy) gave me about 50bhp on the dyno but I went to the trouble of making my intercooler twin entry.

At the end of the day the mines car appears to use a factory pipe and unless you have shuffle issues (which these pipes can improve) they dont do alot except look cool :)

Alot of the Japs cut a slot in the factory pipe and weld in a divider so it looks standard but isnt :smokin:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Charge Pipes

Hi

Am also after this pipe kit for my 33 gtr.

Wouldnt have thought was worth any power increase.

Anyone know of a UK supplier as Nismos pipes are around £400.
Other option is a group buy if we can get some discount

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I think you may find their more than £400.

Around £575 with the current 220 exchange rate.

They are more flowing, so i reckon there would be a gain available. Whether or not it is 30bhp is debateable!!!

If you take off the original one, it has a pretty bad kink, going to the first turbo. The Nismo one is more flowing here, and oversized before it enters the turbo.

I don't see how the divider in the OEM pipe makes any gains/improvement?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi

Am also after this pipe kit for my 33 gtr.

Wouldnt have thought was worth any power increase.

Anyone know of a UK supplier as Nismos pipes are around £400.
Other option is a group buy if we can get some discount

Thanks

Pete
I'd be interested in a group buy....

anyone else ?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I ran trust pipes in my old set up and they were very easy to work with and also were well routed unlike the nismo units.

The nismo ones run more over the heat which is what i do not like about them

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I ran trust pipes in my old set up and they were very easy to work with and also were well routed unlike the nismo units.

The nismo ones run more over the heat which is what i do not like about them
The stock pipework is in the same position....

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Wow. totally forgot I'd asked the same question before. What a wally :flame: :flame:

Got the answer though :chuckle: :chuckle:

TT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts