GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi need some help identifying the make of these con rods,can any one help? thanks Matt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had a look at the ths rods there not them if you look at the pics you'll see that the rods i have arp l-19 blots in.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
FYI Eagle do come with L19's OR ARP2000 as most Chinese Rods do. This is not to put you down, but just another possibility.

Marc

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
these have to be the first rods i have seen that have the small end oil holes at the bottom!
tomei rods have two oil holes at the top!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm well dont think there Chinese Rods as quality way much better and they came out of my 1000bhp engine have weighed them and they all came in at 501g with the bolts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
deffo not ARROW,OR TOMEI! maybe they are a Aussie rod but they arnt spool!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I weighed a set of Eagle for a buddy some months ago, they all where within 1 Gram on my very accurate scale. So thats not a point that they can't be Eagle/CAT.

Marc

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what did they weigh?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I don't know it anymore, to be honest. Maybe he chimes in, I wrote the weights on the rods with a waterproof marker. But I've seen quite a few engines doing big power with "cheap" rods, it's just something I wouldn't risk in my engine.

Marc

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm well i have an idea after speaking to someone tonight what make they are and I'll know for sure tomorrow so I'll let you all know

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right after a few phone calls and emails to states it seem's there trust rods IE Carrillo rods although the guy i spoke to at Carrillo couldn't understand why someone would have replaced there rod bolts with arp's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts