GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi bought a gtr 2 weeks ago litchfied 590bhp 2010 plate noticed condensation in the drivers side headlight Spoke to nearest gtr centre he sent photos to nissan uk who seem to be dragging there feet also have care4 nissan warranty can anyone let me know how there have dealt with this porblem nissan are denying its a manufacturing fault although it seems to be a commom fault. Spoke to lichfield there are telling me the headlights are covered for 5yrs because nissan know about fault

·
Registered
401 Posts
Search posts/threads on here bud its been brought up many times,
lots of cars have had them changed not once but a few times
is it really worth getting a faulty part replaced with another faulty part?
best fix is to open up, clean and reseal properly by someone who knows what they are doing:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Had the issue, Nissan took their time, but eventually replaced my headlamps under warranty. Replaced them with 2011 version, not 2010, so had to swap them again - all done at no cost to me, so not bad at all.

Slow process though..........

Has the steering lock recall been done on your new purchase? If not, worth getting it done at the same time.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
100% a common fault. I had mine replaced under warranty on my 60 plate.

I wasn't aware there was a 5 yr warranty on them though as Litchfields seem to think there is. It would be nice if there was though as they'll just fail again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you get in touch with nissan uk to get them replaced,there are trying to tell me its not a manufacturing fault which its obvious it is there are telling it depends on my chassis number whether there can resolve situation

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I just took it into the Nissan dealship and they sorted it. No quibbles. Warranty was agreed within 24hrs i think and then a few days to get the parts in and then changed. Was Benfield Newcastle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for advice will keep in touch new to forums my first gtr sold my vxr8 supercharged 700bhp to buy gtr loving it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts