GTR Forum banner

621 - 640 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Would someone please be willing to share an image of the first disc of the latest map updates? I want to compare firmware levels to the varies ones I have already.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Someone send me a email with a torrent link earlier, can't remember though. I'll check for you later.

Still haven't seen any disks yet

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Not totally exorbitant then, just more expensive than a few blanks discs,

Probably the cheapest item available form Nissan for a GTR lol
+1 I'd actually say it's pretty reasonable all things considered!

The only thing I note is the maps are from Q4/2013 though. So basically a year out of date when they publish them. But i think if come June (when i'm off to Le Man) if there isn't an update i will get this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Would someone please be willing to share an image of the first disc of the latest map updates? I want to compare firmware levels to the varies ones I have already.
Just to clarify I only want the firmware that comes on the first disk and wasn't looking for the maps themselves. However, it appears we already have the firmware on these disks, so I don't need the disc anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Just to clarify I only want the firmware that comes on the first disk and wasn't looking for the maps themselves. However, it appears we already have the firmware on these disks, so I don't need the disc anymore.
I sent you a Google message last night with the details!

The firmware is new

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Anyone know what the improvements with the firmware actually are? Is it just smoother or are there actually new features now ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone know what the improvements with the firmware actually are? Is it just smoother or are there actually new features now ?
No idea

Haven't been able to find any changelog either. As far as I know they could easily just have changed the software firmware version and changed nothing haha :chuckle:

I think the fact that the Nav update is only 149 pounds is because it's a general map update for navigation systems used in multiple vehicles from Nissan.
Probably to much work to justify for GTR owners to shelf out 499 pounds or so in comparison to other vehicle owners.

I've asked my dealer about the update, he said it would be available around februari this year. Paying 150 for a map update for a second hand car which cost me 40k pounds is somewhat plausible in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
No idea

Haven't been able to find any changelog either. As far as I know they could easily just have changed the software firmware version and changed nothing haha :chuckle:

I think the fact that the Nav update is only 149 pounds is because it's a general map update for navigation systems used in multiple vehicles from Nissan.
Probably to much work to justify for GTR owners to shelf out 499 pounds or so in comparison to other vehicle owners.

I've asked my dealer about the update, he said it would be available around februari this year. Paying 150 for a map update for a second hand car which cost me 40k pounds is somewhat plausible in my opinion.
Not if you think that stand alone navs with the same data are less than a ton.
Also the far better waze is free.

20-30 is reasonable; price of the car doesn't give us any more roads ;-)

This nav unit is available in other cars too

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Sold my GT-R & found a set of these lying around, is anyone still waiting for them?

5 X Discs X9.0 Europe 2012

Dave.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally Posted by maxkirk View Post
I need to unsubscribe myself from this thread as my OCD tendencies keep bringing me back to make lists:

1. Kenco - MIA
2. Stealth69 - Sent on to Viper
3. Silver R - MIA
4. CarlL - MIA
5. Viper® - Awaiting receipt from Stealth69
6. Rainman
7. DonnyMac
8. G-Sport
9. bodge

I think

I've been sick for almost a week. Haven't seen any disks from Stealth btw. I'm not sure if he've sent them out. Status unknown.

·
Registered
389 Posts
What's happening with these disks? I did think I'd still be waiting since adding myself in November ! Looks like I've been moved further down the list too. I think I just might buy the latest discs and be done with it.

621 - 640 of 713 Posts