GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kk been procrastinating a build for a number of years due to other commitments but have got back into it and just opened my box of rods to find a noticeable amount of surface rust on them.

can i get them retreated of do i have to biff them and get a new set?...they are in a sealed plastic bag so didnt really expect this to happen :S

any pointers and help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Shot peen and linish them would sort it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh no sorry they are H beam eagles :S could be classed as old school :S thats how much procrastination is goin on :p haha

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Photos? If the rust is in the big end eye you may find it cheper to replace, rather than resize and hone. If it's on the external beam surfaces a careful masking up and blast with a soft media like coconut shell may bring them up a new.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent made enough post so far so i can post pics :S how else can i post pics? it wont even allow me to post links to the pics on my facebook :S hehe umm but one of the bearings do have surface rust on the bearing face so im thinking of going into a shop and seeing what some people can do to help with a solution.

Any recommendations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts