GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

am in the process of rebuilding my bottomend. which rods are better carillo or pauter or can anyone recomened anything else ?

also how much power can standard gtr r33 crank hold ?

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Jap favourites such as Trust, HKS, Tomei and Nismo (and a few more) all do steel rods. Another company mentioned in some threads was Eagle (?).
Theres also a selection of I or H beam to choose from. IIRC H-Beam are the stronger of the two.
Personally, I would go for something like Tomei H-beam rods. Off the shelf and cheaper than custom rods. I've heard of Carillo and they are very high quality. Dont know if they have off the shelf RB26 rods though???
Dont know about the max crank power of std crank. Std bottom end rated at around 600HP with the pistons the limiting factor. I have read of high power (c750-800HP) cars running std cranks so they must be up to the job.

TT

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Det is the biggest rod killer. STD rods will take 600hp in their stride.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Thanks JAY-R32, found their website. As good as I remember them...
Anyone used any of the Carillo H type rods in their RB rebuild? I would be interested in finding out a price and where you got them.

TT

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Got mine from Ron @ RK about 3 years ago , cant remember price though.

Worth giving him a call mate :)

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
I'm using Carillos with the extra strong rod bolt. Sourced via a friend in the trade at a very good price

They sell 3 rods - I beam, H beam and H Beam with uprated bolts.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Carrillo. Saving money on rods (and bolts) is a false economy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts