GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I suppose I should start by saying hello.I have been lurking in the background for some time trying to decide if I should buy a GTR.I have to admit to being a bit of a snob in the past sticking to the likes of Ferrari,porsche etc and foolishly believing that Japanese turbocharged/modified cars were mere pretenders and could never be as good a 'total package' as the recognised performance cars costing £000's more , but after lots of reading and listening to what everybody had to say ,I have taken the plunge and my shiny new toy arrived yesterday in the shape of an Ultimate silver Black edition with 4000 miles on the clock .All I can say is WOW, the car has a full system and has been treated to a cobb access port reflash .
The performance is awesome,far better than I expected and I am delighted with the car in general.I therefore owe you all a big thankyou for helping me decide to take the plunge.
I would like to ask a small favour though,If anyone has managed to transfer contacts from a Nokia N97 to the cars memory could they please tell me how it,s done ? :)

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum UMS Black Edition is a great choice! :D

Just for clarity - i'm guessing with 4000mile on the clock your car is non-sat nav? Just so you can get the right answer!

FWIW i had a lot of trouble with my N85 and BMW I Drive. Without getting overly techy. Nokia who own Symbiam haven't stuck to their own Address book Protocol and hence the N-Series phones don't sync with a lot of car system.

I have an N86 now and Sat Nav car - so don't need to transfer my contacts over. I just access the phone memory directly. Not sure if you can do that non-nav. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for the response.You are right that the car is a non sat nav,and I know what you mean about the i drive (just sold an m6),I never managed to figure the phone/i drive thingy out and just ended up using at as a purely hands free system in the end.truth is I'm not the most technicalogicaly competent person so I assumed it was just me:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts