GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Hi All,

Last night, walked into the kitchen. I could hear a continuous beep, rather like the alarm on a freezer when the temp. is to high (power cut).

I couldn't work out where it was coming from. Then I went into the garage.
It was coming from my GT-R. What the hell is that?
Unlocking and locking stopped it.

:)
Hi WingedBeast1968,

Did you find out what this was? Mine did this last night, strange noise exactly as you described, and it didnt start until 5+ hours after parking up.. I thought it was someones house alarm, till i looked out last night, unlocked the car/locked and it stopped.

I am thinking of charging the battery? I know my car hasnt been used much in the last year by the previous owner, so maybe the battery has lost charge?

Or did you find out it is something else?

thanks

Chron

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I also had this, the morning of the Festive Hoon meet, could hear it from the garage in the kitchen, very high pitched. But was not doing it overnight.

Anyway, I went out to find the passenger window open slightly, closing this and locking the car up again, stopped it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The question is why did it decide something was wrong, only after several hours of ignition off?

My fave is the "not in park" idea. Maybe the cold affected the switch.

Cheers, and very merry Xmas! :)
Had the same issue myself 2 years ago. Could hear it in the house (adjoining garage). Finally found it to be the car. Unlock, relock, never heard again.

Satan

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mine has also done this twice in 18 months of owning. No idea what it is and there was no obvious reason,everything was shut/locked etc.

The first time i heard it was at about 6am one saturday morning when i was off to work. Had no idea what it was,went to work in another car and it was still going when i got home about 4pm!!

Im sure the neighbours loved listening to that all saturday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Could it be that it crying and want's to be let out of it's cage for some spirited drive!:chuckle:

On a serious note did you ever found out what it was that was making the beep.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Could it be that it crying and want's to be let out of it's cage for some spirited drive!:chuckle:

On a serious note did you ever found out what it was that was making the beep.
ha ha I like that, It does sound like a kind of weeping/whining noise :chuckle:

Mine has done it that one time when the weather was really heavy rain and very windy, i dont know if this is related to the cause tho, and its not happened since.. I will monitor it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the beep too but then I just got the car and was so excited when I got home I jumped out and turned ignition off,hand brake on to view and admire it.It turned out I forgot to put it in p that was all.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
mine did it again yesterday at 8am, weird unlock/lock stops it.. could it be a faulty battery in the siren?

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Anybody ever get a serious answer to this ?

After coming back from a 2 week holiday, jumped into the car pressed the start button and heard continuous beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep - checked everything, no doors open, gear lever in Park etc so started the car and the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep did not go away.

Have tried again this morning and the same thing, never have had an issue like this in 7 years of ownership and strange that it should start whilst the car is sitting in a nice garage on a trickle charge with a blanket on her !

Help peep and the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep just wont go away !!

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
can't possibly comment - but if IT is worth my £500-00 of course I would !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Hi Steve, welcome back.

Well I think the car has finally told you it isn't happy with the colour red and needs a respray to a faster colour - black before it will move!

How old is the battery? One of the cells may be faulty and from experience the GTR electrics can go haywire if the battery isn't 100%. I pushed the launch button once and no start just wipers, indicators, one headlight, dash lights etc flashing at me.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Steve, did you get the 500 rips back?

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Hi Steve, welcome back.

Well I think the car has finally told you it isn't happy with the colour red and needs a respray to a faster colour - black before it will move!

How old is the battery? One of the cells may be faulty and from experience the GTR electrics can go haywire if the battery isn't 100%. I pushed the launch button once and no start just wipers, indicators, one headlight, dash lights etc flashing at me.
Ah ya see that is the problem with Black cars they never know what to do !!

Nope Battery is new and was replaced as were the tyres before the Euro tour

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Steve, did you get the 500 rips back?
Can't possibly comment ............................................yet, but this but a space will be provide with the outcome (November)

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Afternoon

Sounds like the car still thinks it's in neutral

You obviously have to shift into park to stop the beeeeep :)

So either faulty switch/sensor around that area

+ Red ones a prone for it :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's definitely not the beep made by the car to tell you your not in park,it comes from the alarm. When mine first did it I thought it was a faulty house alarm somewhere in the street. It's loud enough to wake the dead and very annoying!

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Found it Found it Found it

It was the F&R PS

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.