GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some control arm choices for R34 GTR ? I have Cusco Front and Rear Adjustable Control Arms now, and the front ones are busted. I would like to use this chance to replace everything, since Im building my engine as well. I don't drag race my R34 , only occasional track days and mostly aggressive mountain runs. Seems like not every brand makes a complete kit of control arms ... so any suggestions?

I'm looking at:
  1. RaceFab
  2. Ikeya Formula
  3. Nismo
  4. GKTech
  5. Voodoo13

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
i run Ikeya Formula, they were fitted around 12 years ago, so now i have replaced everything again (nothing wrong with the existing ones but its having a refresh so thought may as well). Ikeya have changed the design of some of their arms etc (to a better construction and access for adjustment)

what i would suggest is check your budget.

i think for the full Ikeya set up, (ie everything they do for 34) your probably looking at 500,000 yen i would imagine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nismo Is a great option but only offers a change in geometry, while Ikeya Formula arms are adjustable.

Adjustable components are always nice if you track the car, or if you decide to go in another direction with the build and need a different suspension setup.

I've currently got a mix of Nismo and Ikeya Formula components

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Ive got the full ikeya kit sitting here.

Just been waiting for the right time to fit it, may not happen this year.

Looks great though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out that RaceFab you have to use their front front subframe if you want to use their front control arms. So I guess not suitable for my use.

I don't quite like the new Ikeya Formula front 2-piece design control arm prefer the 1-piece arm, so I may have to go with GKTech for the front upper.

·
Registered
25,128 Posts
i actually ordered both, the new and old set from ikeya formula. i didnt use the old style one in the end.

you can still order the old style from IF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts