GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to search on this subject without finding anything.

Have anyone removed the attesa electronics, and replaced it with a simple control unit? I would assume that the ets solenoid needs some sort of pwm input to control the torque towards the front.

Reason I'm interested in this, is that I will use the r32 gtr 4wd system on an other car, and had hoped to make it work without all the electronics.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
search Skylab, grid dancer, there are several other items.

Or I suspect you can go full manual and use a throw switch to engage a master cylinder that would push the transfer case clutchplates together...

·
Registered
670 Posts
yes correct, it's just a PWM signal to the solenoid. I think there is somewhere a list of PWM v.s. % lock
why don't you use the original ECU in your new car? You can also build over everything. You only need the centre G sensor and the wheel speed sensors.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Use a hydraulic hand brake to control the transfer box control piston.

3,665 Posts
or use an ECU that allows you to map PWM against say boost/throttle position/ car speed.

Something like Motec can be used.

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
or use an ECU that allows you to map PWM against say boost/throttle position/ car speed.

Something like Motec can be used.
Mark
I did have something like this in mind. Maybe the tractiong control function of an standalone could be used. Compare front vs rear wheel speed and give an pwm signal to the solenoid based on that. But this will probably not work as well as the attesa, and then it's not worth the effort. I know Motec have torque split for evo's and subaru's, but have no idea how they work.

But if the Grid dancer will do the job be itself without the attesa electronics, that is a very easy solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts