GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just uploaded the pictures I took at a very wet Tsukuba circuit .....
Nagata-san from Top Secret was there racing his R34 track car and sliding the new Fairlady Z around....
Click here for the full set

EDIT: In an attempt to keep bandwith levels down I have deleted the links to my pictures. Hopefully this should help keep the site on line longer..... I hope:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Awesome pics.
The new Z is really growing on me and that Top Secret S15 looks very nice. Too bad it wasn't sold anywhere outside Japan.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Top Secret's Z is in the latest Option mag and looks exactly like the ones in DCD's pics. Its being used as the demo car for Rays new TE37 advertisament... 19 inch style! Very sweet.

Thanks for the great pix, DCD!

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
hipogtr said:
Top Secret's Z is in the latest Option mag and looks exactly like the ones in DCD's pics. Its being used as the demo car for Rays new TE37 advertisament... 19 inch style! Very sweet.

Thanks for the great pix, DCD!

Cya O!
Did Top Secret do any engine mods to that Z??

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...always a pleasure:)

JohnD...those carbon rear wings are very popular here in Japan. They are pretty much the same design as the ones used in GT500 & GT300 JGTC race series(just a bit smaller obviously). They are very popular as people here love to have a GT look (ie..TE37s, front bumper slats, rear wings etc)....so nothing to do with F&TF!!

Richie....the only mods that I know of are suspensions, titanium exhasut system(single), 19" TE37s, GT wing, racing bukets w/ Takata harness. Sounded great with that exhaust, had a very nice and deep howl...very similar to straight 6s. I think Top Secret will be twin turbo charging their Z as it will be attempting a 200mph run over in the US at some point(not sure what competition). I think its current top speed is around 270km/h as it said in Option magazine.
Mine's and a few other tuning houses are working on thei own Z demo cars.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
DCD said:
Thanks guys...always a pleasure:)

JohnD...those carbon rear wings are very popular here in Japan. They are pretty much the same design as the ones used in GT500 & GT300 JGTC race series(just a bit smaller obviously). They are very popular as people here love to have a GT look (ie..TE37s, front bumper slats, rear wings etc)....so nothing to do with F&TF!!

Richie....the only mods that I know of are suspensions, titanium exhasut system(single), 19" TE37s, GT wing, racing bukets w/ Takata harness. Sounded great with that exhaust, had a very nice and deep howl...very similar to straight 6s. I think Top Secret will be twin turbo charging their Z as it will be attempting a 200mph run over in the US at some point(not sure what competition). I think its current top speed is around 270km/h as it said in Option magazine.
Mine's and a few other tuning houses are working on thei own Z demo cars.
Thanks DCD, that 350Z is sounding more and more interesting.
You wouldn't happen to have a vid of the event?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Rear spoiler

Dino

Looks to me like the Top Secret rear spoiler (R34) is larger than the one they offer on their web site, or not ?

Andre.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: Video

somberg said:
of the 350Z would be very nice indeed. In wonder what the price is going to be like in Holland.
It is said to be a competitor to the audi TT, so I think it'll be around the price of a quattro. In the neighbourhood of 45-50K euro.

·
Registered
211 Posts
With 290 HP I think it would be closer to 60 or 70 K Euro.
I think I read somewhere that Nissan wanted to place the 350Z a lot higher in Europe compared to the US.
The last 300ZX wasn't a bargain either.....

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
JohnD said:
With 290 HP I think it would be closer to 60 or 70 K Euro.
I think I read somewhere that Nissan wanted to place the 350Z a lot higher in Europe compared to the US.
The last 300ZX wasn't a bargain either.....
Yeah, you've got a point there also.
Hmmmm, only time will tell.
I thought it was going to be released in Europe in 2003.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No sorry no vids:( I assure you the car does sound nice, it goes nice and it slides so smoothly it is a pleasure to watch(with Nagata driving;) ) I really like it myself! Lets just say its a back up solution if the suits at Nissan screw up the next GTR:rolleyes:

Andre....no idea. I think it is the same....not a fan of those GT wings...I much prefer what Cem has done.:) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dino,

Badass pictures as always, I hope you never have to move away from Japan :D

Those Japanese CF GT wing are awesome, they are functional and very pretty. Those F&TF style wing are cheaply made ghetto aluminum wing probably made in Taiwan, they are not functional and are very ugly, they are nothing more then a air brakes :p People that have those wings make us look bad on the street. As normal people think my stock spoiler is just as lame as those ricer :rolleyes:

We American got lucky on the 350Z, fully loaded ones are $34K USD :) Still more expensive then in Japan, but hey that is very good already.

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics. Site's down right now.

I have been considering the 350Z in case I pass on the Evo7RS. It's cool to see Mine's planning a demo car. And the HKS bolt on twin-turbo sounds sweet. Makes me even more interested.

I think I would just stick with the base model and decide on my own upgrades. As opposed to just getting the full blown "track" model.

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelHomePage/0,,23261,00.html

I haven't see one on the road yet out here :( The white model looks so clean! I could do without the 19" wheels though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Romo....its down due to bandwith restrictions. Too many people are linking pictures and checking the site out so its taken off line very often.
Keep checking though...

I'm in the process of changing servers...Apple are kicking out all non paying .Mac users....so from the end of this month Kinetiko1 and Kinetiko2 will no longer exist:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts