GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I would be much appreciate if anyone in this forum could able to assist me.

I'm having a GTR34 V Spec II Nur 2002.Normally the coolant will increase in the reservoir tank when it's hot and will decrease when it's cold.As ususl I will fill the coolant level to normal "Max" line at the tank.

But after recent few drives,following by the next day morning when the engine is already cold,I found that the coolant decrease below the level line which I filled up to.Estimated around half inch of level reduced.As I top up back again to the "Max" level,the same thing happen again.

All the air is already bleed.

Is this normal?Or there's something wrong with the engine?Such as head gasket damage?

I have checked throughout the engine and there's no leaking indication.

Any advise or helps are much appreciated.Thankyou.

Peter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you see no leaking and if you are sure you bleeded right it may be the Headgasket.
You can check your coolant system when you give around 1bar into your water cooler.

What color is the smoke of the exhaust?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

So far there's no any colour of the exhaust smoke.Just white mist when start in early morning or cold.Then it went back normal.

Already check,there's no leaking.

I tried to change the radiator to pressure cap of 1.3bar and the air remover tank cap to pressure free cap.So far the pressure shot out from the radiator after removing the radiator cap has been solved.No more such pressure shot out.

Earlier I used 1.3bar pressure cap on the radiator and the air remover tank.So when I opened the radiator cap,the coolant shot out as there's pressure,but now it's ok.I follow the ARC instruction but it seems not working,so I just tried out to change the air remover tank cap from 1.3bar pressure cap to pressure free cap and it solve.

I used ARC SMC 55 BNR 34 radiator with ARC air remover tank.

Really hope it's not the headgasket.

By the way,thankyou very much for your attention and guidance.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Peter.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Are you using the bleeding screw to bleed the air?

The water must be going somewhere either out your exhaust (head gasket) or a leak, looking for leaks can be hard as it get so hot in the engine bay so it must dry up pretty quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts