GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself my first r33 gtr yesterday drove it back and all was fine but today the coolant was having trouble warming up. I looked in the engine bay and the electric fan was on all the time even when cold what could cause it? Is there a thermoswitch that controls it?

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the electric fan is always on then? I always thought they were there as a back up to the viscous fan!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
The electric fan is for the aircon is it not?

turn off the climate control and then look

Pope

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried turning the climate off and it made no difference the fan stayed on there must be a thermoswitch somewhere that tells it to come on anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is it not in the rad itself? Maybe near the thermostat housing? Probably worth changing the thermostat, I had a nasty incident with a thermostat where it failed closed and took the head gasket with it!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
its prob been wired to run constant or it could be a sticky relay or faulty fan switch ,it should only cut in when nearing max temp ,mine do,nt come on with the AC turned on but mines on a r32 not a 33 so dont know if this could be a factory change at Nissan on the R33,s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts