GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought the cheap copy Z32 afms off ebay?

Have 'real' JECS ones, but they are old. New original ones are very expensive - is this because they are much better quality than the copies or simply there is a massive mark up?

Cheers,

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Anyone bought the cheap copy Z32 afms off ebay?

Have 'real' JECS ones, but they are old. New original ones are very expensive - is this because they are much better quality than the copies or simply there is a massive mark up?

Cheers,
Probably both, better quality and big mark-up.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might be worth buying one just to see how it works as a spare - maybe getting a tuner to test it, as easy to swap out..

Cheers

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have tested a few and found all of them to be calibrated differently. They all caused massive over fueling compared to a original Z32 and although I could have altered the airflow tables to correct it I decided that I would rather use a original Z32 as I know they are reliable.

A new Z32 is £265 and you know its going to be good for at least 10 years :)

Richard

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Richard.

I have received emails from a couple of people selling them, one said his are made in the USA and the other Japan.

Do you know if the ones you tested were Chinese or not?

Prob not worth taking the chance anyway.

Cheers,

·
Registered
932 Posts
Do you have any links to the ones you have been offered?

The ones I tested were from china but from a supplier over here. They never had the orange lable on them and the general quality was not great.

Richard

·
Registered
25,970 Posts
seriously there are copies of z32s now?

we have good low milage 2nd hand ones fora bout £120 off the top of my head

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes there are definately copy Z32 AFM available. I´ve seen a few of them and they look crap. Very thin and brittle plastic, no plate on them whatsoever. I have one of these sitting in my basement, brand new and unused. That was when someone sold one with no pic and I trusted him, so bought it and turned out to be a f***ing idiot trying to make some quick money with one of these copy AFMs.

I even saw the overfueling caused by one of these AFMs when Richard checked one of the german Skylines over here that had one fitted. Big corrections would have been needed to get this car running with that AFM on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts