GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Hope your well :thumb:

I was contacted a couple of weeks ago by the owner of this amazing car to get some protection on it through winter.
The car was bought down to me for a viewing and on arrival it was noted that the car had slight swirls and holograms in the paintwork from the dealer.
The car was then booked in for a protection detail plus one pass of the machine to knock out the defects and add some real gloss :thumb:

I have to say that i have officially fallen in love with everything about these cars and proud to say that I have detailed one. :thumb:

The car on arrival:

A cheeky snow shot:

With the car washed, lightly clayed and dried the car was bought into the studio and placed under the lights (static halogens and 3M Sungun)
These were some defects found:

I took some during pics of the process and also this before and after: :doublesho

I had tried a couple of combos but in the end I corrected the whole car with a 3M yellow pad and the new Menz Final Finish (85RE)

A few during pics:

After the correction was complete an IPA wipe down was done and after this I proceeded to Protect the car with the Zaino sealant system :thumb:

And after 14 hours of love the car looked like this:

Hope you enjoyed the pics :thumb:

Nick (owner) Thank you for bringing the car to me for detailing and also showing me how the G-Meter works :censored: :doublesho ;)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Your work is absolutely amazing. I love the detailed pics. I would love to give my car that attention some day soon. Im very interested in your process, I have used 3g v light compound on my cars before with a sponge polisher , then gave it a final finishin polish with goog results. The sponge I used was a standard 3m sponge. Could you please pm me with more details of products and the process, I have never seen swirl marks dissapear like that!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your work is absolutely amazing. I love the detailed pics. I would love to give my car that attention some day soon. Im very interested in your process, I have used 3g v light compound on my cars before with a sponge polisher , then gave it a final finishin polish with goog results. The sponge I used was a standard 3m sponge. Could you please pm me with more details of products and the process, I have never seen swirl marks dissapear like that!
Hi Rossy

Thank you for the comments.

I received your PM and just about to leave work but at some point tomorrow I will PM you back with the info required :thumbsup:

Thanks again

Robbie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts