GTR Forum banner

R35 Corrosion (e.g. Doors: under / around wings mirrors, door handles, etc.); Warranty claim?

• Yes I've had corrosion, warranty claim honoured

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm currently going through the process of challenging a rejected warranty claim for reoccurring corrosion; following the previous corrosion on both driver and passenger doors being repaired by Nissan under warranty.

Base on reading various threads, chatting with current and previous Owners and Nissan employees; it appears corrosion is a common issue on the R35 (especially the doors!). It also appears there's a real mix of experiences in regards to warranty claims with Nissan relating to corrosion.

As a result I'd love to get an idea of how widespread corrosion issues are, and peoples experiences in regards to warranty claims. As a result I'd be grateful if people to complete the poll.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was in the process of raising a small claims court case; but got advised to raise the matter first with the Motor Ombudsman. They've accepted the case and are investigating matters.

·
Vendor
4,702 Posts
I've seen the corrosion come back on a few cars.

Firstly they should put a grommet or something of that nature so the loom does'nt rub against the paint again.

Secondly once a decent amount of corrosion is set in it seems to keeps coming back. )reminds me of old land rovers)

Doors,bonnets,boots are becoming more and more popular with age showing signs around the seams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts