GTR Forum banner

Cosworth street master pads

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Mrw 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the above pads? Views please. My car will only be getting used on the road.

Cheers

#5 ·
I put them on recently they are better than stock, but my stock were down to about 20% when i changed them. I dont think new vs new there is much in it against stock, they are cheaper though, squeal less and so far seem to produce less brake dust. I think the next time i will go Alcon BBK, i really want to have the feel of monster stopping power and just changing the pads arent giving me a night and day difference.

However, if you are just looking to replace the stock items, they are very good for the price.

#8 ·
I don't want to sound like a parrot, and I've posted this a few times now, so don't worry traders, this will (probably) be the last time!

If you want a set of competent pads at less than half the normal inflated prices, then Bendix are around £180 for front and rears, that's an all round set for less than just the fronts at Cosworth or Ferrodo prices, and they're the so called cheap ones. Don't be put of because they're less expensive, the others are just way over priced. If you're not going to track your car then paying more for all the other expensive options is totally pointless. I've been running Bendix front and rear for the last 6,000 miles ish, fast road use only, and I can't fault them. They are totally silent and brake very well from extremely illegal speeds. The only difference between them and stock is that stock tend to squeal, Bendix don't.

After chatting with the supplier, I got him interested in trying to source some discs at a sensible price too. The NHPC disc prices are in Alice in Wonderland territory. The after market discs are half that price but still waaay over priced. No offence to traders, they obviously want to make as much profit as the market will sustain and I don't blame them for trying.

#13 ·
I'm still on the original discs. They're due for changing though, which is going to hurt as at the moment there are still no sensibly priced discs on the market, lol.

I had an email from the Bendix supplier a month ago, and he is actively looking for a disc supplier, but hasn't got there yet.

My previous car was an SL55 AMG, huge discs, 8 pot calipers, 4 pads per caliper, but I could still buy a pair of new front discs for £100. No they probably wouldn't have been any good on track, but I don't do track days, they were great for fast road use though. GT-R disc prices are simply crazy at the moment!

#16 ·
I have just ordered some ap j hook discs and bendix pads. I will be getting them fitted next in March when I get back from work. I will let you know how I get on.

#18 ·
Not had chance to drive my car much but I managed a few good runs over the past two weekends

Now they are bedded in them seem really good and I am very happy with my purchase

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.