GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a R32. Last time i went out it was fine for about hour then it decided to not allow me to go above 2 1/2 thousand revs.I drove home and then the next morning it was fine again until about another hour when it repeated the same thing.

If anyone can help me with this problem that would be most kind.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
AFM's sound knackered. Normally sends the ECU into limp mode (hence the limited revs). You could try cleaning the sensor with some electrical cleaner, but probably best to replace.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
The AFM(MAF) is the sensor just inline after the air intakes,small black box with electrical plug in it (unless you are running an ECU that doesnt need AFM's which i doubt)

Most parts dealers/tuners will have them in stock

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
No problem. Not much help really, but they are the first things i would check. Forgot to ask if its a GTR or GTST, but nonethe less, it will have one or two AFM's after each filter.
Cant really think of anything else immediately that would cause the same effect.
Give them a look. maybe even a dodgy connection

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers paul i have gtr.I am going to take them off now to see if there any sort of grease or dirt in there hopefully thats what it is.if it is not that being a gtr would i have to change 2 AFMS or is ther just one.sorry if thats a stupid question,bit of a novice.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Cheers paul i have gtr.I am going to take them off now to see if there any sort of grease or dirt in there hopefully thats what it is.if it is not that being a gtr would i have to change 2 AFMS or is ther just one.sorry if thats a stupid question,bit of a novice.
You would need to get them checked really to see if its just the one (which it probably is), but obviously check all connections first anyway.
As Hugh quite rightly says, the coil packs can break down too sometimes. They do get very hot. Slightly harder to get to under the cover between the cams and slightly more expensive to replace, but definately another thing to check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.