GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just been doing the usual surfing around the "Skyline for sale" sites, not that I want another one, I just like to see what's going on, and something caught my eye in one particular dealer's site, and I hope nobody is buying a dodgy car as it has just been sold ....

It is (was) advertised as a Nissan Skyline GT-R, P-reg, 1st registered 1 Sep 1996, 27000 miles (yes, very low) but ....

.... this would make it a version 2 car, and the car in the advert is very much a 1995 version 1 car. It has the first style of lip (not the deep 2nd version), it has the first version of steering wheel, first version of dash surround (not contoured) and only one air bag (no passenger air bag).

I would have though this would have been a M reg, or at a push a N reg car ?

Are cars not supposed to be registered according to their manufactured date ?

Just curious .....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
depends when it was first registered, if its sat on say a forecourt brand new unregistered for good few months it could well be legit, its not a definate manufacture date.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought an FTO at auction. Great nick and auctioneer said it was a 97 car. Could'nt get a model report for the car as it was supposed to be later model. After a lot of spade work I found out that the car was a 95 model but had been held in stock for about 18 months. (Tells you what year it is on the rear seat belts) Did'nt have to sva the car but it was registered on a P plate, so really any car can be stocked and when registered that is it's year.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts