GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,
Have been reading this forum for some time, and i am now nearing the time when i am ready to dip into the market and
finally buy a skyline, i have a budget of around 25-30k and was
wondering what kind of things i should be looking for, i was ideally hoping i could find a nice R34 GTR but it seems i might be better of going for a good R33 in my budget.
Was wondering if anyone has seen or owns a R33 GTR with a high
GT style wing (the stalked wing like the c-west ones) and knows of any good companies doing vented bonnets as it seems the Nismo ones cost a small fortune.

This will be my first really serious car and i want to try to get something that i will really have alot of fun with.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated, as i am based in the Merseyside and am finding it a little hard to find people with skyline info around here that doesnt lead always to middlehurts door.

Many Many Thanks.
AK

·
Registered
364 Posts
hi,i think with your budget you should be able to find a very good R33 gtr with a range of modiforcations not sure you'll get one with a gt wing though you may have to buy one and fit it yourself,steve c has a 415bhp skyline for sale in the for sale section think he's after 22k for it but it is a good one and has featured in banzai magazine i don't think your going to get an R34 for the money you've got but you may get lucky.good luck you won't regret having a skyline.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi Ahmed,

Seeming as you are in Merseyside, I'm sure you would live near me. I live around the Manchester area, with Middlehurst being 11 miles away from my home.

For around 25-30K, you should definitely be able to get a low mileage, looked after R33. You should be able to get hold of an S-Reg model, for around 25K.

Regarding vented bonnets, usually you could see some of these on takakaira.co.jp. The only problem is the website's down :rolleyes:
If you was to buy an R34 GTR (which you probably wouldn't for under 30k), you could consider buying a 'Crux Aero Bonnet'.
This picture is shown on a 25GT-Turbo though:

Be sure to check http://www.takakaira.co.jp regular, to check for bodykits.

I wish you luck on buying your skyline :)

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the info and reply,

I am acutally looking for the high 2 strut GT wing (here is a link and a pic of some of the wings i mean and a picture :

C-West Wings

i will get one myself, just wondering if someone had a picture of a R33 with one on, so i could get a idea of what it looked like before i went for it and also if anyone knew of or had a Nice Vented Bonnet for a R33 GTR the only one i know of is the Nismo 400R one and thats like £1700 or something i think.

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WooohOOooooooo

You've made my life complete heheh,

I pick of a vented bonnet and a GT wing on a skyline :D

Looks the business!!!

Now to find someone doing that for a R33 and i think i'm gonna be a happy guy!

Kewl where abouts in Manchester are you?
I'm in Liverpool
(p.s we still got the best footy team, sorry mate)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi,

I think your best bet, would be an Aluminium wing from C-West. The carbon one's cost a bomb :cool: .

I'm not far from Liverpool, as I live just on the outside of Manchester. I live around the bolton area (Yes, where Bolton Wanderers is situated :rolleyes: )

I'm not really keen on football :( Still if I had to support anyone, I would support Manchester United :)

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great you know any good places that do work on skyline up near us here then?

ICE, Bodywork, Gauges, ECU's, etc.. etc..?

Would be nice to find and talk to them about certain things im looking to do :)

B

·
0 Posts
i'm the first one to mention takakaira in this forum but it's cool everyone should know that they sell bodykit's.:eek:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
BadMuthaR34 said:
i'm the first one to mention takakaira in this forum but it's cool everyone should know that they sell bodykit's.:eek:
I've mentioned it atleast three times to my knowledge, and I registered long before you :p so it shows you dont actually pay a great deal of attention to the forum... :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi Ahmed,

Great you know any good places that do work on skyline up near us here then?

ICE, Bodywork, Gauges, ECU's, etc.. etc..?

Would be nice to find and talk to them about certain things im looking to do
Sure, there is Hiteq in Wigan

http://www.hiteq.co.uk/

And, of course you know about Middlehurst :)

Regards,
-Elliot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts