GTR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
my biggest worry is Ben seems to be loving it abroad.....will he ever come back to this wet/cold place...

i hope so i need a custom map soon.

·
Registered
300 Posts
you don't need him to be next to you to have a nice custom map.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
my biggest worry is Ben seems to be loving it abroad.....will he ever come back to this wet/cold place...

i hope so i need a custom map soon.
ready when you are boss :)

Very busy year for GTC, mapping trips lined up to Italy, France, Spain, Bahrain, Dubai, Czech...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
you don't need him to be next to you to have a nice custom map.
i take it that means you liked yours ? :p

Ive had very little datalog feedback from France Club. Maybe some of you are holding back due to weather / situation with Nissan over LHD engine bearings :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
ready when you are boss :)

Very busy year for GTC, mapping trips lined up to Italy, France, Spain, Bahrain, Dubai, Czech...
Dubai???????

You better shoot me an email at least a week before you get here

I got my 950cc injectors and the HKS spark plugs, waiting for your arrival so that i could install them before hand :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Dubai???????

You better shoot me an email at least a week before you get here

I got my 950cc injectors and the HKS spark plugs, waiting for your arrival so that i could install them before hand :chuckle:
i have these here already fitted apart from the 950cc just waiting for ben,thistle to give me go ahead..or come up north

am sure they will then send you a map for you try once mine is sorted

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
don't worry in that sense, Jurgen and co not taking a plung so to speak. Thistle has seen alot of calibration dev on the GO:TO race car in USA, as well as feedback discussions with just about every tuner around globe (that doesn't mean their techique is correct by any means, we've seen some right mess). The current set up is not suitable, hense why we havn't offered injector mapping yet (even though others have done)

oh ye and he completely rewrote the boost and now the soon to be updated air/fuel tables, so he kinda knows a thing or two :)

New maps are either tested on my 35, Thistle's or the cobb demo cars / go:to timeattack 35.

my 35 is currenly undergoing testing with different size intakes and soon suitable calibrations :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
i take it that means you liked yours ? :p

Ive had very little datalog feedback from France Club. Maybe some of you are holding back due to weather / situation with Nissan over LHD engine bearings :(
spot on

you'll have some work maybe around april/may.I think this is for the best in order for you to fully sort out the new maps ( tunerPro + new logic maps )

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Ben, in the 3rd pic down the guy has an lcd unit mounted to his right.

What is it?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
so what did it make then...my eyesight cant read that screen from here.

has anyone overlaid a custom map against a stock map to see the extra power below the curve that a decat and map will make you.?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Ben, in the 3rd pic down the guy has an lcd unit mounted to his right.

What is it?

The 35 was hooked up to an external AFR sensors as well as using the factory sensors via the ap. being full decatt allows more accurate external reading.

He was happy, 85 whp over stock power.

We then went on the road for far more accurate knock datalogging, dyno can't reproduce the same road conditions.

The place here is called sunway, its completely nuts. must be 25-30 odd garages all in one place. An aladins cave of smashed 35's, consult 3's, akrapovic exhausts, real nissan gr6 oil etc.. round the corner is an ex-apexi Japan mapper (also has cobb software) who's a bit of a legend but apparently everyone wants the english guys map :D

wheels- yup check the epic accessport thread for before and after graphs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ben

Where is you program for this year trips around the world ? :D :D

61 - 80 of 105 Posts