GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whilst enjoying my car this evening on a private track I was driving at High speed 150mph+ when all of a sudden my windscreen was covered in fluid that was squirting from my drivers side bonnet vent & then my engine shut down and I had to Coast the car to standstill:mad:

Popped the bonnet & jumped out the car thinking a water hose had burst or something had burst but as soon as I got out the car I could smell raw fuel.

Lifted the bonnet to find the whole engine bay covered in fuel and all over the bonnet, windscreen, roof & whole passenger side of car.

Then I noticed the Fuel Line Quick Connect Fittings on the drivers side of the bulkhead had disconnected :eek: and emptied half a tank of fuel all over my car.

Anybody had any problems with these Fuel Line Quick Connect Fittings before as I'm not willing to drive my car again until this has been checked or replaced or upgraded as that could of ended completely differently :flame: & earlier today I had my kids in the car with me.

(Apologies for poor grammar but using iPhone to post this thread while I wash car)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
**** that could have been nasty!

Is the car modified? If so i would ask if the connection has been touched at all if not take it to Nissan and complain.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nasty isn't the word, I'm fuming to fair but scared to drive the car on the other hand as I'm worried it may happen again & next time I may not be so lucky!!!

Yes just recently got the car back from having Uprated Turbos & Full Albins Gear set fitted so have been without the car for 6 months and now this.

Reconnected the fuel line and even giving it a good pull/yank it will not disconnect so I stumped at how this could of happened:confused:

Hopefully getting the car collected and taken back up to the company that did the work in the morning to see what they say, jet washed the car a few times and have been back down to the car again but there's still a little puddle of fuel on the top of the suspension turret :mad:

At what stage/power do people up rate the fuel lines & connectors???

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
wow you are lucky there, that it didnt turn out worse, then again you are unlucky it even happened!, fuel pissing all over the windscreen at 150mph! not a good look! and certainly very dangerous!

speak to your tuner, could have be them at fault? not refitting properly?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Two years old, doubt it was like that from new then.

All points to a simple mistake when the turbos were done IMO.
The engine does have to come out for turbo work.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Put a bet on in the World Cup.. You will have a good chance of winning with your LUCK

Goldie

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cars being collected this evening by Tuner.

And yes it does seem to point towards it not being refitted correctly after the turbo upgrade.

Being honest tho I'm still paranoid it could happen again & it's knocked my confidence in the car.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Just down to not being pushed in enough to make it clip in,
It will never happen again,, even with upgraded 2 pumps in tank still won't put enough pressure through to blow it off again,
Just unlucky,, or lucky you wasn't running a pops and bangs map.
Could of been the end of the GTR and maybe you,,

Goldie

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully it wasn't pushed down firmly enough as you say.

Just been into a local car dealer showroom and got under the bonnet of a 62plate track spec GTR and the connector is a lot firmer/tighter so gonna have the part replaced for piece of mind.

Maybe as my engine been in & out a few times the connector has become weak.

But defo putting the lottery on tonight:chuckle:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts