GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read all the negative stuff about carplanetracing and the alleged conection between them and RC Developments, but I have also read that in the main CPR's work is of a good standard, so I decided to take a chance and have their version1 exhaust fitted.

On arrival at their garage, the first thing I asked, was about their connection with RC Developments, they explained that a director at RC Developments had done a runner with company money, this forced RC into liquidation, some of RC’s staff (then being out of work) moved to carplanet, hence the connection between the two, this explanation was acceptable to me and so I had the exhaust fitted.

At my request they allowed me to watch the work being done, they explained in detail as they went along every sequence of events in removing the standard pipe and replacing it with the new one, They showed the better quality of the system compared to that of the standard pipe, excellent welded parts, thicker flanges etc.

Throughout the fitting I was in conversation with four different guys, each one was very pleasant to talk to and all had something interesting and informative to say about the GTR and the other work that they do.

On arrival at their garage (which is very clean and tidy) I was not kept waiting, they started the job almost instantly and kept up very welcome cups of tea throughout.

Now for the good part, it sounds great, a nice burble at idle to a glorious pitch under load. This new exhaust as turned the sound track on the car into what I feel it should have been from the start, from an excellent car to a supercar.

They also did a dyno run for me; this showed a very acceptable increase in power after the new exhaust was fitted. I have had it for a week now and driven about 1200 miles as I wanted to give it a thorough test before commenting, and can tell you now that it just gets better and better, There’s a constant smile on my face now, whereas before, well!

In summary, I would like to say thank you to the guys at carplanet (Andy, Laurence, Clive and Max) for giving me first class service and an excellent system. I only heard of Carplanet about a week before having the exhaust fitted (15/02/10) and although I would not advise anyone what to do or where to go, this is something that you must make up your own minds about, I certainly would not hesitate to use them again.

·
Registered
680 Posts
How much increase in power did it give you? Did you have the y-pipe changed too?

You need to get some pics up too ;)

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Glad to hear you were treated well and got very good service.

It will take some time for CarPlanet to win over many out there after the RCD fiasco, but the best way for them to do it is to provide this kind of customer service.

More stories such as yours will do wonders for their reputation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Eric, thank you very much for your custom, it was nice to meet you, and we are extremely happy that we have met your requirements.

We appreciate your time in sharing your experience with fellow GTROC Members.

Glad also you received your original Exhaust System back with the courier in time to refit for service, the courier didnt look too happy carrying the massive parcel through to his van!

I thought I would help with posting the Dyno Graphs of your GTR with CPR Version GT Exhaust System installed.

Recorded on our Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road, we recorded 427.4HP at the WHEELS.
Standard cars normally roll around 390HP.
With around 20% Transmission Loss, your car will now be producing est. 534 HP at the flywheel, which is a gain of approx+50HP at the flywheel.

Many thanks for your business Sir, look forward to helping in future

Kind Regards

Laurence - Car Planet Racing

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have recently installed the CPR y-pipe. A bit fiddly to do at home on your own with the car only just off the floor. The sound is soooooo much better now, a good investment all round.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Sorry mate but the graph doesnt show increase.

All we see is that your car now produces 427 bhp.

Some gtrs produce over that in stock form, on other dynos...

So sadly, without a before dyno, any increase is purely conjecture.

Can we please have some basic science applied to this sort of thing as it helps keep companies' claims clear, and also fair.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Wedge
Had my exhaust fitted to day at CPR and as you said the guys were spot on.
I will keep out of what as happened in the past as it did not involve me.
All I can say is the exhaust is fantastic sounds superb and the quality and finish are second to non.
asked them to do a dyno run for me after it had been fitted. i don't know what it was before didn't ask them to do a run before (wasn't bothered)
but its quite good know see pics
car runs with K&N'S COBB with a custom map from Ben Linney (spot on guy)
and a full CPR exhaust and y pipe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Couldnt agree more Riggerz...

If you spend the dosh on a full zorst, you need a GTC custom tune....

The new RPM based wastegate duty and part throttle boost map is a revelation. Ate Caterhams for breakfast at Trac Mon last saturday..... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
The map ben sent me takes the car to another level Charles
Totally different from stock.
You might have met up with my accountant on sunday (neil from Nero silver Gtr.) ?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
The map ben sent me takes the car to another level Charles
Totally different from stock.
You might have met up with my accountant on sunday (neil from Nero silver Gtr.) ?
Yep, we had a few sherbets on Saturday night and an interesting drive on sunday.

My baby has been running a full GTC Titan and custom tune since November, but these newer maps are divine.

You should have come to Anglesey.... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
herd about sunday...
neil's a good guy just make sure you don't give him your cobra fob
Hopefully do the next trip with you all looks like a good weekend.
as for the titan what a gorgeous zorst fancied one myself but couldn't wait so went for the CPR not in your league but a nice thing

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
The new RPM based wastegate duty and part throttle boost map is a revelation. Ate Caterhams for breakfast at Trac Mon last saturday..... :)
Should have blagged a ride with you last weekend.

Change ate, to eaten , rearrange the words, and that's how I got on at Trac Mon. Lol. :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Should have blagged a ride with you last weekend.

Change ate, to eaten , rearrange the words, and that's how I got on at Trac Mon. Lol. :chuckle:
I meant to offer you a ride after your 37th sighting lap..... :D

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Where's the write up of the R35 Welsh invasion?
I shot so much video that it's gonna take me a few hours to edit it together.

That's my saturday morning job (after washing my baby) this weekend!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry mate but the graph doesnt show increase.

All we see is that your car now produces 427 bhp.

Some gtrs produce over that in stock form, on other dynos...

So sadly, without a before dyno, any increase is purely conjecture.

Can we please have some basic science applied to this sort of thing as it helps keep companies' claims clear, and also fair.
I can't disagree with you with regards to the power, but then again, I didn't have the exhaust fitted with the hope or expectation of increasing the hp, I just wanted to improve the sound and it's done that in spades.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts