GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps,
Driving my GTR yesterday, whenever I braked I experienced a clonk that I could hear and feel through the steering wheel. Worried, I called my garage (Auto Torque) and they said bring it over for them to take a look. Straight up on the lift, wheel off and they found a cracked and broken brake pad on each side at the front (see photo).

I bought the car with 6k on the clock and it's now got 14.5k. I think these are original pads. They're about half/two-thirds worn.

Auto Torque replaced them immediately, great guys so they are.

Anyone else experienced this sort of thing with OEM brake pads?

Cheers.
Steve.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Haven't experienced it myself, but have seen another case in a Youtube video (Supercar Torque channel) where the owner was filming his car going for a service and when the brakes were checked the front pads had disintegrated, requiring new pads and discs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
This apparently happens if the pads stick to the disc repeatedly after being taken out in wet weather. When you first move the car you'll hear a clunk and after a few months the pad can shatter. Apparently you need to pump the brakes after a wet run when you stop.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
It’s common the metal content of the pad tries to weld itself to the discs and when the pad retracts it pulls off the lining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts