GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads where can i get some of this from ? Seen it on someones 34 on here, engine came covers and spark cover were done in crackle black and i must say it looked really tasty

Cheers
Shane

·
Registered
26,883 Posts
you can do your own , i believe a few people have

but im just saving up to get MINES to do mine because i think that colour they do is rather horny!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can it be bought from does anyone know ? does it come in a normal spray can or what ?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
For a good finish you need to use a crackle powder coat and bake them. You can cheap powder coating kits on Ebay, just make sure you have a big enough oven and an understanding wife. This is a plenum on a Toyota 4A-GE turbo engine of mione that was powder coated with a cheap Ebay kit:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
abbey motorsport i think it was can do the cam covers etc for you.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
red one is mine (nismo/omori factory built).

The other one i think is mines ?

P.s ignore my cam cover! the original was damaged when i had a minor engine explosion !!!!!! mine now has a nice clear cam cover!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love the way you say minor engine explosion matty lol

Thats what i got on mine too at the moment, greddy clear cam cover, with a greddy belt and greddy cam pullies (happy with the look at the moment) , just checking out potential future engine bay looks :)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Love the way you say minor engine explosion matty lol

Thats what i got on mine too at the moment, greddy clear cam cover, with a greddy belt and greddy cam pullies (happy with the look at the moment) , just checking out potential future engine bay looks :)

It was minor mate! Just managed to take out the pulleys/covers etc with it.

Looked very impressive tho!! It could of been worse, i have seen vids of pistons etc managing to get inside the car with the driver!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I painted it just like you would any other paint. Left to cure in direct sunlight (the first piece I painted didnt wrinkle fully and I put it down to improper curing, and I would never get away with using the oven!).

This paint is designed to take the heat, cant say about fuel as my engine bay is clean as a whistle ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts