GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,well my lumps finaly out off my gtr32.just drained the oil(god thas was well black to say the least,and only done 2k miles with it!!)anyways going to get the crank out and get it ground down so the crank collar will fit.then after that it will be balanced as ive just got a triple plate clutch and flywheel(so proberly best i get it balanced again.whats another £150:chuckle:).so finaly my question is why do they supply 2no little grub screws with the crank collar? surely with the collar being heat shrunk on they wouldnt need 2xgrub screws to be fitted?there isnt any pre-drilled holes either in the crank collar for the screws?? im sure theres a very simply answer?? and im also going to be after some torque setting to if anybodies got them to hand:confused:
thanks guys.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
When I made and sold all mine (30 or so) about 8 years ago, all I did was tapped the collar m6
Shrink it onto the crank
Drill through the collar m6 tapping drill (5.1mm) about 8mm into the crank.
the depth may vary depending on how long the grubscrew is.
Use a bottoming tap (3rd) and run the tap to the bottom of the hole.
Wind the grubscrew into the collar and crank (use locktite)
You want the grubscrew bottomed out in the thread but not protruding above the flats on the collar.

Ballance crank
Done.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
done

thanks guys,its reasuring the machinist has done exactly that,so thats now off to get balanced(one job down,about 100 left:p:p).ive just gone and bought a jun fuel rail and 1000cc sard fuel injectors.my machanics just said to me today he"s going to run 2no fuel lines i into each end off the fuel rail and the return out the top off rail(as ive got 2xtomei intank fuel pumps).only trouble is where my uprated fuel pressure regulator was on the end of my oem fuel rail that wont be any good there now so i need to get another one.he recomended the tomei type "L" fuel reg its evidently got a bigger diaphragm that allows better flow!! anyone else use a tomei fuel regulator on here atal?or any other sugestions atal? cheers guys.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts