GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,:)

I want to buy a new Crankshaft Damper for my BNR32.

I have a BCNR33 Crankshaft installed on my engine, and this the point were i have some doubts which one is the right damper to buy.:nervous:

Wicht one should i order? A Damper for the R33 or for the R32??

The problem it is, i cant find any imformation about the differences between the 2 dampers .

It is the outside diameter different, or have something to do with the Oil pump drive shaft or is something else?

If somebody could give a help on this subject i would be very grateful

thanks

Cheers

Barros

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Pm MGT they sell those along with the crank trigger kits they would be able to point you In the right direction

·
Premium Member
955 Posts

I have a BCNR33 Crankshaft installed on my engine, and this the point were i have some doubts which one is the right damper to buy.:nervous:

The problem it is, i cant find any imformation about the differences between the 2 dampers .

It is the outside diameter different, or have something to do with the Oil pump drive shaft or is something else?

thanks

Cheers

Barros
PM me if you need a price

·
Registered
140 Posts

thanks

Cheers

Barros
Hi Barros,

The fitment to the crank is the same on the 32 & 33. The difference is the offset of the power steering belt pulley so you need to match the damper with your PAS pump (I know some people run 33 pumps on 32's when the hicas is deleted). The difference is quite small and I have seen more than one car running with the wrong combination. However when running an aftermarket damper and / or high revs you are likely to see belt wear and belts jumping off if this is the case.
Hope this helps,

Bren.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts