GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i get one to fit my r32 gtr?
im doing the timing belt and last time i just jammed it with a wedge of metal but cant seem to get it right this time, any ideas who sells these tools for nissans?
need one pretty quick!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
You could remove the rocker cover and use a spanner in the purpose cast flats on the camshaft.

Personally, I use an impact tool for removal.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got an impact wrench but only does 200 or so foot pound and crankshaft pully is torqued to 300 and something, it even had bother doing the flywheel bolt when i did the clutch and they were only 110flb!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Sorry, my mistake, I thought you were on about the cam pulleys.

Right, got the crank pulley, put the car in gear, apply the brakes and use a 3/4" drive socket and a 5ft pole. It worked for me.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tried having car in gear with brakes on etc and pully still turns, shouldnt be clutch as i just replaced it 2 weeks ago. will have another go tonight, dont really want to take it to a garage to do cause i know ill get it done, its just hard with only one person!
will have a shot again tonight and let you know where im at, in the mean time if anybody can find out about the tool would be great.

chears

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
We had the car in 5th with the handbrake on and the brake pedal pressed, trying to roll it UP the slope of my drive and it still rolled!

Impact drive :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
excelent advice <ra> worked a treat. thanks for the help everyone, now just need to sort out a puller as the one i made for my gts is too small.
onto the next step! lol

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I just drilled 2 more holes(75mm apart) in my puller to get the bottom pulley off. It came off quite easily.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
weyhey, got it sorted, the puller i bought the screw was too long so used bit of old steel bent round at each end with nut welded to it in the middle, then just screwed bolt through and off the pully came! was quite stiff mind you!
just got starter motor to try and tighten the bolts then the clutch cylinder to put back then all done (hopefully!) a few days (one full day then 2 couple of hour days) of hard graft but think of how much was saved (approx 4h job at £45 per hour, no thanks!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts