GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've noticed the past couple of weeks a creaking sound which sound like a dry suspension , the sound occurs when I stationary or at travelling at slow speed turn left or right, the sound sounds like as if it's coming from the front of the car but I got a friend to listen on the outside and he's adamant it's coming from the wheel section and it's travelling forward, the strange bit is it dont do it in neutral or Park it does it when the car is under load and the steering wheel is being turned. I've sprayed spray grease into all four suspension springs where they sit top and bottom but it's still there, I've removed all the wheels and copper greased between the flange and hub and then refitted and tightened them up to 145nlb's and it's still there... So any ideas has anyone else had this similar problem. Thank you guys

·
Vendor
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh to add it doesn't matter if the car is cold or warm it still does it because initially I thought it was down to the cold weather but I've eliminated that

·
Vendor
475 Posts
Is everything stock/OEM or have you got aftermarket parts fitted of any description?

·
Vendor
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is everything stock/OEM or have you got aftermarket parts fitted of any description?
Yes it's got Alcon Super kit fitted, mpss's, Litchfield uprated ccontrol arms kit, eibach anti roll bar kit and it's a stage 5 with tsw nurburing wheels

·
Vendor
475 Posts
It'll be the rose joints on the control arms, flush them through with a light oil, grease heavily and get some rubber boots for them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys I've noticed the past couple of weeks a creaking sound which sound like a dry suspension , the sound occurs when I stationary or at travelling at slow speed turn left or right, the sound sounds like as if it's coming from the front of the car but I got a friend to listen on the outside and he's adamant it's coming from the wheel section and it's travelling forward, the strange bit is it dont do it in neutral or Park it does it when the car is under load and the steering wheel is being turned. I've sprayed spray grease into all four suspension springs where they sit top and bottom but it's still there, I've removed all the wheels and copper greased between the flange and hub and then refitted and tightened them up to 145nlb's and it's still there... So any ideas has anyone else had this similar problem. Thank you guys

Hello, I’ve got the same issue on my GTR 67 plate.
i informed Alex Noble Nissan dealer in Edinburgh where I bought my car from who said vua the GTR mechanic that brake dust collects in the callipers and when you turn left or right you get the clipping sounds.

i was a bit concerned as with spending nearly £90,000 on a performance car it’s not something you’d expect to hear.

one of my friends had the same car and he did not have this issue (maybe he wasn’t driving the car like I did, drive it like it’s stolen)

So I had to get mine booked into Nissan where they take all the wheels off and strip the callipers I think or just blew them out with an air hose.

Im going to use my high pressure hose to see if I can clean them off as it’s very annoying having to book it into a garage each time to get rid of the problem.

hope this helps.

enjoy your GTR!

Im loving mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts