GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear All

On the 21st July their is a big cruise going on in the Essex area that will end up in Southend. This is Jap based and looks like it is going to be a good turn out.

Now I have been asked politely to ask everyone here so don't tell me I am going to be the ONLY :mad: Skyline GTR site member attending.

I do realise that some of us older(snigger) members will be tucked up in bed with Horlicks and a copy of Daltons Weekly, but for those who can still stay awake :D who fancies it. Now I know what you are all thinking re Southend but if I am going AND have to take my 16yr old daughter along I am sure some others from here will fancy it. No not my daughter :mad: . See their is life in you yet :D

The main bunch of guys going are the ones from JAPUK Meets/Box Hill who are all sound so COME ON.

I await your replies. Go on suprise me :rolleyes: .

T6KYO

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Boyz larging it up ay?

You bunch of Boyz!:p

So your going for the golden mile cruze are you? Mixing it up with the Gary Edition Novas.:D

If I know them, (and I don't), Your going to go down well.;)

You'll make many a 17 years old boys fantasy come true, Cruzing Toyko style. :smokin: :smokin:

Not proud to admit it, but im 30 mins from there, so may turn out for a chuckle.:D :D

Glen, Guy, better get your sound systems pumped up to blend in, ........ Like thats possible for you two.

What you need is the illuminated SKYLINE badges like me. :D

Guy, Going to be in that flash school run A class again?::D

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Elk test!!

I liked the way your was sticking your finger up to caution and proving the Merc engineers have sorted out the problem with the 'Elk test'. The way you was jerking it around all across 3 lanes behind Glen at 100mph+, I was holding back waiting for it to roll. :eek: :eek:

So a 34 owner now ay? Nice

;) ;)

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Southend

I will be up for it Glen
Will proberly go with some crx's from this area
Closer the time let me know where you are meeting and we could meet you?
Best regards

:cool:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Southend

Dear All

Yes now we are kicking .:D .

By the way Scott have you ever heard the Bay City Rollers/Mud and Showaddywaddy played through top notch ICE. Sounds superb :D

Just keep an eye on JapUKMeets for times/meeting points etc.,

T6KYO

·
Registered
212 Posts
racing the A class

Guy, 130mph in an A Class, you are even braver than I imagined. When you said the wife's car was a Mercedes, I had this illusion of an SL60 or a CLK55. But an A Class, are you sure that was 130mph you saw, and not kmh ? It must have been close to imploding at that speed. I suppose if you wear a funny hat and dark glasses, no-one will know its you!! Mind you it might be nice to lend them to Glen for the crooz. He could always hide behind his Showaddywhatever 78 record !! I am only joking by the way, dont take offense !! Tim

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tartan and Wing Collars

Oi, don't you all pretend you don't know what I'm talking about and leave me here floundering :D .

Are you coming Tim or have they got a re-run of Dad's Army on UK Gold, he he.

·
Registered
212 Posts
21st

Hello Glen
no sorry cant make 21st (phew). I am ironing my tartan trousers that night. Its a bit of a long way for an old fart like me. How about Guildford anyone ? 1st Sunday of the month (I think),from about 5pm and its only down the road from where I live. Perfect. Oh and Guy, no I dont think the RB26 will fit the A. Mind you seeing that advert on the telly looks to me like they have stretched it. Now all they need to do is drop something heavy on it and it might look like a car again !! I must be going a bit weird myself because I have developed a liking for the Smart. Perhaps the starter motor from the RB26 could double the output of the Smart. Now theres an idea. Tim

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am at work next saturday, but if timing is OK I might give this a go...bit of a hike for me though so it better be worth it....still must be better than alternative saturday night Tv re-runs:smokin:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Re-runs

It all depends on what the re-runs are ???
I might stay in and watch them myself
Especially if that "Starsky and Hutch" program is on
I like the paintwork on those very good handling and fast cars they use

Mind you the petrol was a bit cheaper then

:D :D :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
T6KYO: what time and where? May as well go in convoy? :cool:

RGS: work kept me away from Rockingham but I bet all that rain made it interesting.:D

Hope to see you on the Southend run.
Ged:smokin:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Glen,
Let us know the time and place to meet....I might well be up for it. Picked my car up from Abbey on Friday....She now goes again and has had the Trust downpipes fitted....oooohhhh yesssss!!!
Anyway saw your "gleaming" car there with its dump valve pipe!! Mark said it will be extended to come out under the N/S sill, and will make plenty of noise...I look foreward to seeing that. A sort of Tartan Bay City Rollers Bagpipe I think!!!!
Oh another thing, if its Southend then surely its got to be Dr Feelgood:D ???
I am v. tempted to come along.....never been that far into Essex before....do you need a visa and injections???
wroestar

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Southend 21st

Dear All Southenders

As for timings/meeting point/s. I am in contact with one of the guys on the japuk site and will post where and when we are going to meet as soon as possible. Sounds like quite a few of us Jap car owners will be going :D .

T6KYO

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Dr Feelgood !!

Wroestar,
Its funny you mentioning Dr Feelgood. Your a little bit out with southend though:rolleyes:, Dr Feelgood actually live in Canvey Island and owned a pub at the end of my road, (until wednesday when I move that is)! Never knew who he was, being a nipper and all, until a friend inrtoduced me. Must admit, couldn't name one of their songs, even if my life depended on it.:confused:
By the way, for Canvey you do need a valid 6 month visa and need to be an ageing rock star, we all are.:smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Southend

Dear Wroestar

No visa's etc., needed for Southend. Just keep your hands in your pockets, make sure you have locking wheel nuts and get yourself a furry dice or you'll look out of place.

Scott

Your claim to fame is it ;). Seems like we have a few of us going then. Why are you moving from Canvey :D :D :D :D .

T6KYO

·
Registered
530 Posts
Scott,
Being an old [email protected]@t I remember Dr Feelgood V.Well (also a mate of mine plays alot of their stuff with his own band)
Lead singer Lee Brillo (died in about 95...too much smokin&drinkin)
Original Bass guitar Wilco Johnson....still playing round S.London (half moon Putney being one I remember)
as for the songs, "Milk & Alcohol", "Down to the Doctors", to name just two...classic R&B
You're right they did come from Canvey Island.....however one of their last ever gigs was on the end of Southend pier
Sorry, Sorry, I must stop or I will be accused of hijacking this thread as well........However I feel its important to educate the younger generation like Scott!!!!:D :D :D :smokin:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Southend

Sorry Glen can't make it maybe next time

Still working out where to put the 8 track

Me thinks above or below the dash

Difficult but I will work it out

Best regards

:( :( :( :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts