GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this? Managed to sort out some shelving and a clear out today to fit the GTR in the garage.

CTEK multi MXS 5.0 looks like the 'right' charger to go for. CTEK seems to be the main brand that people recommend. Is the multi mxs 5.0 the latest one?

Car has only been stood 11 days and was a little slow to crank over today.

·
Vendor
6,193 Posts
Yes perfect, but if you are going hardwire the leads directly to the battery then don't use the new style lead with the led's in it, I fitted one to my own car and found it was causing the battery to go low and also found that the charger was getting hot with it. I also fitted a couple to customer vehicles and they also complained about similar issues and they supplied there own.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top bit of kit. Got mine hard wired
Thats a good idea mounting the charging point where you have. Mine already has a hardwired point but its in the left hand side front bumper duct (from previous owner).

Have you experienced any of the issues detailed above in takamos post?

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Thats a good idea mounting the charging point where you have. Mine already has a hardwired point but its in the left hand side front bumper duct (from previous owner).

Have you experienced any of the issues detailed above in takamos post?
Never ever had a problem with mine and my Car lives in my garage 99.999%

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yes perfect, but if you are going hardwire the leads directly to the battery then don't use the new style lead with the led's in it, I fitted one to my own car and found it was causing the battery to go low and also found that the charger was getting hot with it. I also fitted a couple to customer vehicles and they also complained about similar issues and they supplied there own.
Which lead are you talking about that causes the battery to go flat?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Top bit of kit. Got mine hard wired
Which lead are you talking about that causes the battery to go flat?
I think takamo means the one pictured in evogeof's post. Where you can just plug in rather than clipping onto the battery terminals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use the MXS10 which charges quicker since I only get to charge when visiting my parents home. I installed the eyelet indicator right where the passenger windshield is and beneath the bonnet.

This saves me from lifting the bonnet and all I have to do is slide out the cable and plug it in with bonnet closed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Has anyone located their connector in a position that does not require the lifting of the bonnet/hood? I'm about to fit my extension lead and connect direct to the battery so any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,694 Posts
I have the 3.8 which has been good for me. I have the normal comfort leads. Liking the look of the one with the battery monitor.

My bro in law just bought the 5.0 and it seems to have done the trick for him. A little more power than mine which will give it greater ability to revive a dead battery

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I picked up a 5.0 over the Christmas period and I think its brilliant, the included eyelet connector means you can leave it connected to the battery terminals if short on time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts