GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what others have done to cure the understeer of the GTR?

Car:-
2010 model
610bhp
2012 suspension
Litchfield ARBs
MPSS tyres squared (285)

What settings have you got the ARBs on?
What about geo setup?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Mine has mostly gone, with the Litcho suspension and geo setup on stock sized MPSS.
Litchfield rear ARB as well on default setting.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Speak to Litchfield I'm sure they could help you with this.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Eibach arb front and rear and 2011 suspension worked well on mine for turn in...I have replaced gtr with new rs4 and that under steers for fun!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Stiffening up the rear ARB and softening the front will help reduce understeer

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have 2012 suspension and front and rear ARBs... so what about settings? ARBs and geo?

Stiffening up the rear ARB and softening the front will help reduce understeer
Will add that to my list, thanks

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Have you played with tyre pressures, too?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Just wondering what others have done to cure the understeer of the GTR?

Car:-
2010 model
610bhp
2012 suspension
Litchfield ARBs
MPSS tyres squared (285)

What settings have you got the ARBs on?
What about geo setup?
Buy mine :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I cannot justify £3k +vat +fitting for the litcho suspension kit. Need some more ideas...
Nissan GTR Handling Upgrades - Litchfield Motors
The top arms are only £1795... ;)

Seriously, as seen in the video above them, they do dramatically decrease understeer as they have more castor/dynamic camber.

If I could afford them, I'd have them.
I did have the toe links fitted though and they do sharpen up the steering a little.

Driven back to back, my car had much sharper steering than the MY14, but not as sharp as the Nismo. The Nismo has revised front wishbones too, along the same lines as the Litchfield items.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buy mine :chuckle:
Im trying to improve the handling, not make it worse :runaway:

Don't go so hot into a corner :chuckle: only joking :)
Maybe ;)

Nissan GTR Handling Upgrades - Litchfield Motors
The top arms are only £1795... ;)

Seriously, as seen in the video above them, they do dramatically decrease understeer as they have more castor/dynamic camber.

If I could afford them, I'd have them.
I did have the toe links fitted though and they do sharpen up the steering a little.

Driven back to back, my car had much sharper steering than the MY14, but not as sharp as the Nismo. The Nismo has revised front wishbones too, along the same lines as the Litchfield items.
Will have a look at the top arms, thanks. Has anyone on the forum fitted them?

Master the art of trial braking? :D
Trial? Really? :chuckle:

Trail Braking | How To | Track Days Driver

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
You could always get something that doesn't weigh nearly two tonnes. ;)

Without name dropping, according to people that have tested them the Litchfield handing arms are very good.
Expensive though like a lot of GT-R stuff.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You could always get something that doesn't weigh nearly two tonnes. ;)

Without name dropping, according to people that have tested them the Litchfield handing arms are very good.
Expensive though like a lot of GT-R stuff.
Might do that in the future, but for now its the GTR ;) have a 350z that might have some interesting changes :D

Considering the base cost of the GTR some parts are just silly! More expensive than an entire car.... Dont want to spend a fortune doing this, was just interested in the easier fixes. If its driving style, ARB setup or geo setup... The top arms are a bit pricey to fix a problem that I hardly have to deal with.

The video is good, but I see it more as an advert for the parts than unbiased opinions :flame:

·
Registered
140 Posts
He doesnt - I've seen him "drive" :chuckle:
Funny enough that could be part of the problem.
I remember the first time I drove one of my brothers 35's on track. I was driving fairly gently being aware the car didn't belong to me and commented to my brother who was in the passenger seat that I was surprised how much it was under steering. He said I was basically trying to be too gentle. He told me to not go into the corner any faster but to give it more power (but not too much more:chuckle:) through and on the exit. This changed the way the car felt altogether and the under steer was all but gone.
It's a heavy car and without the brakes or power pushing on the wheels it's harder for it to do its thing I suppose.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts