GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I note that I have a small black rocker switch on my dashboard just to the right of the steering column. It has a red LED light on it that lights up when the switch is pressed to up. I have seen one or two othe picures of R32s and they do not appear to have this switch.

I am guessing that it was fitted aftermarket, but can anyone guess at what it might be for? The car was unalarmed when I bought it but I have subsequently had it fitted with a Toad Ai606. Maybe the switch is not connected to anything but the LED still has power.

Curious....

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
take the front of and see where its wired up to :) all the surrounding trim around the steering wheels comes out easily enough - if its wired across to the the ecu maybe its a switch for hi/lo driving via a piggyback ecu?

...probs just a foglight switch tho hehehehe :/

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Definitely fog light - single red light at back (low down usually). Your headlights have to be on for the fog light to work though. I almost failed an MOT because the garage bloke didn't know that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, forgot I posted this thread!

Thanks guys, another mystery solved. You'd have thought it would have a symbol on it or something?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
LOL, forgot I posted this thread!

Thanks guys, another mystery solved. You'd have thought it would have a symbol on it or something?
If it's an aftermarket switch why would you expect to have a symbol on it..?!?

May i suggest sticking a post it note directly under it :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did somebody say it was aftermarket? I assumed that if it was for a fog-light it would be factory fitted.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Ginger,

I've got a switch just like this on my new R32 GTR import. Black, Circular rocker switch with a red led ?

You'll most probably find it's the rear flog light switch they had to put on the car to get it though the UK MOT and registration process, they dont run rear fogs in Japan.

The switch wont be anything to do with your Toad, they dont have rocker switches....like a clifford for example.....that was my first guess when I saw it on mine....LOL.

G.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts