GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

I'm looking, or waiting to order, the following parts. Anyone got any comments or feedback on them before i go ahead?

All Cusco...

Adjustable Front Upper Arms +5mm
Adjustable Pillow Tension Rods
Adjustable Rear Upper Arms

The upper arms +5mm will give about 1deg negative yes?

Any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
+1, I've been wondering whether to go with Tein non-adjustables or the Cusco adjustable tension rods. adjustable kinda scares me - too many ways to screw up suspension geometry.

Will you run the upper arms at negative camber all the time? I found that lowering my car gave me enough negative camber to make tramlining an occassional issue and tire wear is certain to be uneven...

·
Registered
341 Posts
the cusco arms are pretty much fully adjustable front and rear. the way the securing blocks on the front arms work mean that they give about 8 individual settings to allow for + or - camber.

all this means a decent tyre center with laser or infa red alignment can set your suspension up exactly how you want it.

a search on here will reveal popular settings, mine are

front single wheel setting -1deg 32 min
caster 3 deg 28 min
toe in 0 deg 08 min

rear whell single wheel setting
camber -1deg 20 min
toe in 0 deg 14 min

car handles loads better than before and tyre wear doesnt seem to be an issue over the 3k since i fitted them.

steve at RB motorsport should be able to sort you out nicely

·
Vendor
12,633 Posts
contact NigelF off this forum, he's a distributor:) :)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The Cusco Parts suspension links and bars are great.
Defo the ones to go with

Nigel

·
Registered
174 Posts
hi sorry to drag up an old thread.

just need some confirmation on the cusco front upper arms.
they sell them at -5mm, 0mm and +5mm settings

what kind of camber adjustments to these settings give?
I have done a search and did not find any specific info.

i think the explanation above is for R34 upper arms by cusco?
I need info on the R32GTR ones.

would appreciate it if anyone can help.
heard that nigelf deals with cusco

thanks

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The R33 and R34 Front Upper Arms Offer
+5mm 0mm -5mm -10mm

The R32 ones apper to have a different part for each adjustment
Eg +5mm
0mm
-5mm
-10mm

So you have to pick the adjustment you require then order the spec arms you need.
(the 32 info came from an old catalogue, that I had a hand) they may do adjustable arms for the 32 now, but mayby not.

Nige

·
Registered
174 Posts
hi nigel

that was a quick reply :smokin:

i would like to dial in some negative degree camber
would the +5mm offset be able to do this?
or do i have to go with the -ve offset?
:confused:

·
Registered
597 Posts
The cusco front upper arms appear to be a fixed length design similar to the original, & assuming +5mm, 0, -5, -10 are the difference between original and cusco, i would say the +5mm (extra length) will correct the negative camber caused by lowered suspension back to std. If you wanted more camber then -5mm or -10mm should give you this, i guess by about 1deg per 5mm based on my rough rear adjustables settings (haven't got round to alignling it yet).

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
id liek to know the above too as my impreza (in track trim) was using -2.5deg front and -1.5deg rear, is this possible with the cusco gear?

·
Registered
296 Posts
If its the upper arm, then a longer distance will reduce camber. So you want the +5mm.

Alternatively, you can get the Ikeya Formula parts, which have almost infinite adjustment and also can be had with poly or rubber bushings, not metal pillow bearing which is the only way cusco come. FWIW.

For the rear, you also can get the Nismo Z-Tune upper arm, which is 5mm longer, stiffer design and has uprated rubber bushings. Using these with the existing camber adj. that should be enough for most any drop.

I have both of these items on my R33, and they are working out great!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I've got all adjustable pilowball suspension parts on teh drift car, but the font top arms have given me problems, (I have a set on the GTR aswell and they've been fine, and they've been on longer than teh gts ones!), I've already had to tighten them up as the ends came loose and they're loose again, hopefully they're not broken, but if they are I'm interested in any other options.

What sort of camber adjustment is on the +5mm and +10mm arms?

Cheers
Alex B

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
The Cusco R32 front arms are fixed lengths - buy the length for the camber you want.

I haven't seen a set of adjustable R32 front upper arms that look up to the job yet. It's a real weak design compared to the R33/34 upper wishbone. By the nature of the design the loads on the arm and bushes are much worse than the 33/34.

I like Cusco products - you can tell they are designed by proper engineers.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I haven't seen a set of adjustable R32 front upper arms that look up to the job yet.
My bad, I didn't notice the original post was for a R32. You are totally correct.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts