GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:wavey:

Just wondered if anybody knows or has had dealings with any company ’s that fabricate / custom made carbon fibre peaces? I’m looking to have replacement head light air ducts and engine covers etc mass produced.

So if any one could point me in the right direction to make a start.

Thanks in advance :) :)

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
CFtype.com - Carbon Fiber Fabrication

they do an amazing job. its expensive because they have to make a sepperate mold for each part. i think its worth doing a group buy of 10 orso items on this.

the carbon fibre on its own isnt that expensive, its more making the mold for them which makes it really expensive for custom parts.

manufacturers like seibon laugh their heads of; £600 orso for a OEM bonnet in carbon. the mold once costed them maybe £1000 to make, but once done you can re-use the mold again and again...

it maybe cost them about £150 to make one carbon fibre bonnet for a civic now.

pick up any US modifed car magazine like superstreet, any featured car with some carbon fibre on there is nearly guaranteed that the part is made by Seibon.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys thats given me a starting point!

is there any covers / panels that you could like for your car but don't seem to be able to find?? let me know because we're thinking what we what to have made up.!

cheers again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts