GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boys,

just about to freshen up my rusty fujitsubo giken catback...apart from the backbox itself its not stainless steel, so not too long until it would fall off plus its only a 2.75" system

i deffo want to keep the backbox and just change the pipes to 3.5"ss as my downpipe and cat are 3.5" items
i know it would be so much easier to just change the entire system, but i do want to keep that backbox for a couple of reasons !

my car never was the loudest out there and i wasnt aiming for that either, but a tad more wouldnt harm i reckon
now to the tricky part...the backbox accommodates two 50mm baffles, which might have been good enough for the 2.75" pipe but surely will be the most restrictive section once i go 3.5" ! from what i gathered 2 60mm baffles would be the correct size for a 3.5" pipe !?

now the question is : will the wider pipe already help the entire system to make more noise than before and probably benefit the flow or wont i notice any changes at all due to those baffles ?
i know changing the baffles would be the ideal thing to do, but as you can imagine its quite the mission really

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, probably didnt make myself clear on that one, the single 2.75" pipe divides into two 50mm baffles inside the backbox

1 - 3 of 3 Posts