GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Andy

I Current run Downpipes with a Whifbitz 102mm System with un-resonated Y-Pipe (I also have a resondated Y-Pipe for the same as i bought it at the same time).

The Whifbitz system has quite large rear silencers and is to quiet for my liking.

My Car had an unresonated Milltek 76mm system before which sounded great outside the car but droned a lot.

I Dont do trackdays so outside volume doesnt worry me.

I know you have supplied some custom exhaust for other members and just wondered if there is anything you can do to help me.

I was thinking the options would be:

1. Have the exhaust back modified to take smaller rear silencers and continue to run un-resonated Y-Pipe
2. Have a complete rear section made up without silencers but reinstall the Resondated Y-Pipe Im guessing this would make it louder outside but running the Resonated Y would reduce cabin drone?
3. Not sure if you offer any switchable exhaust valve solution that could bypass the rear silencers at all.

Anything you can suggest to help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
neil

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Sounds like you want something that sounds like original set up without the drone.

Did you not consider sound deadening the rear seats to massively reduce the cabin noise from the exhaust? might of ticked the boxes for you keeping the same noise outside but reducing that drone inside which you didn't like.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds like you want something that sounds like original set up without the drone.

Did you not consider sound deadening the rear seats to massively reduce the cabin noise from the exhaust? might of ticked the boxes for you keeping the same noise outside but reducing that drone inside which you didn't like.
Andy

The car has been fully sound deadened by [email protected] including all the doors and under the front seats. It makes it much better.

I did notice a change in power delivery going to the Whiftbiz which is why i wanted to try and stick with 102mm, it builds boost a lot quicker and seems smoother all through the revs. Also the Sound from the Whifbitz is more Sophistacated where as the milltek was just a blare. The Milltek used bang like a shotgun on the overrun which i loved but the Whifbitz rear silencers are so big it dampens the sound and doesnt even pop.

Id prefer the noise of the Whifbitz but just with the volume turned from 5 up to 9 :chuckle: if thats possible.

If not then i'll guess i'll have to revert to Milletk 76mm again

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Andy

The car has been fully sound deadened by [email protected] including all the doors and under the front seats. It makes it much better.

I did notice a change in power delivery going to the Whiftbiz which is why i wanted to try and stick with 102mm, it builds boost a lot quicker and seems smoother all through the revs. Also the Sound from the Whifbitz is more Sophistacated where as the milltek was just a blare. The Milltek used bang like a shotgun on the overrun which i loved but the Whifbitz rear silencers are so big it dampens the sound and doesnt even pop.

Id prefer the noise of the Whifbitz but just with the volume turned from 5 up to 9 :chuckle: if thats possible.

If not then i'll guess i'll have to revert to Milletk 76mm again
You want a switchable exhaust valve. Jamie P had one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2XRCR9Wmc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts