GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thought I'd post this up and see what peoples opinions on it.

Now don't worry about not liking it and not posting, I'd rather see the general verdict even if it's dislike over it.

I basically wanted the OEM spoiler extended a little and I like the sort of duckbill lips on the E46 M3 CSL boot, my spoilerless carbon boot, etc, etc and thought I'd follow the theme.

Criteria was to keep it looking in line with the car and not out of place to far from OEM but make the spoiler stand out that bit more. I don't feel photos do it full justice as it's hard to gauge the size of the additional piece but in general its around 2 inches further out and 2 inches higher than OEM from the rear I think it makes the car look much more aggressive.

Anyway few photos to give an idea, I would imagine to the untrained eye 99% of people would be clueless to it being any different to OEM but any GT-R owner would notice straight off.

I couldn't find anything on the market that did this sort of thing and the MINE's lip attachment I like is around £2,700 + shipping and its held on by about 4 screws and a piece of tape, pretty easy for it to go 'walking'.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Looks ok to me but almost to similar to an OEM (unless you see them side by side). The lip must make it a lot easier to hook your fingers over when closing the boot ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I like it, have you done any high runs with it yet, does it feel more stable?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks ok to me but almost to similar to an OEM (unless you see them side by side). The lip must make it a lot easier to hook your fingers over when closing the boot ;)
I wanted to keep it look OEM but just have it a little bit more chunky I guess and extended. Some of the spoilers out there sit to high for me, others just don't take my fancy I guess it's all a matter of preference but seeing as I couldn't find anything I liked just made my own.

My 3rd brake light was broken so I bought a top section from KR with a brake light still cheaper than Nissan prices so was just a fun project. Does mean I still now have my original OEM top section should I even opt to change back.

I'll now investigate next weekend why my LED strip 3rd brake light decided to just stop working for no apparent reason even if means breaking the sealed unit I'd like to know.

I like it, have you done any high runs with it yet, does it feel more stable?
It literally went on yesterday so haven't had a chance really, I'm doing Bedford track day tomorrow but even then it'll be hard to judge.

I've just switch from 21" wheels on non-runflats to 20" OEM on runflats and removed a spoiler-less boot so it all feels a little different.

·
Registered
941 Posts
What are the drag coefficients of it compared to the OEM one?

edit: good luck at Bedford, unless you've got a standard exhaust they will probably black flag you.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the drag coefficients of it compared to the OEM one?

edit: good luck at Bedford, unless you've got a standard exhaust they will probably black flag you.
No idea on the drag coefficients I'm afraid and regarding Bedford I'm already prepared for the black flag a I'm Miltek, non-res y-pipe and downpipes :chairshot

However, I'm bring a Classic Impreza along as my emergency car and aside from that it's a free track day for me as part of an event I attended thank you gift so nothing much to lose. If they both get black flagged I'll head and watch Arsenal v Southampton as both my season tickets are unused this week as couldn't find any takers.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did my first track day in the GT-R was at Bedford so was having to lift off all the time to keep them happy with the 87db drive-by! still was a bit of fun on a slippy track.

Couldn't really turn down a free day there anyway but thought I'd put a few pics up.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Awesome. Glad you avoided the noise police!
Tempted to go there myself, decent track with lots of run off and much cheaper than a 'proper' track.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got noise warnings and was having to lift-off lots, but the 4 DB reading points are very visible. As said it was a free-day out so yes the noise issue was frustrating but it was better than staying in for the day :D

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Think that looks great....where did you get it done and what the pricing?

Do love subtle mods like this:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Mmmmm......liking that in in carbon....where did you get that one??

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lofvis its indeed very similar indeed, small differences but similar concept.

My one is a little higher, the Godspeed one lines are different in that is sort of extends out then after a little way even more so whereas mine flows at one continuous depth.

Then the Godspeed one comes further out at the back, whereas mine doesn't come out as far but is higher up.

As said it's just small marginal differences and I really like the Godspeed one, when I contacted a chap in the States I was led to believe (might be wrong) these were just a sort of custom made few and only around 20 were made. I couldn't find any sources but was quoted figures around $1,400 for one, then shipping, duties and VAT didn't make for great value.

I bought my top section for around £120 and largely because my LED brake light was broken so the spoiler itself was seen almost as free to me. I then had it created up for me and sprayed all in for less than 1/2 a Godspeed one would of cost.

With the mould I can make replicas of mine for around £250 which as said previously compared to things like the MINES top lip which is over £2,500 it's quite a hefty price difference. I figured if mine looked rubbish then I'd just change it back to my now OEM spare but as it is I really like it. Just looks more aggressive without looking out of place. Was just a cheap / quirky project really.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lofvis its indeed very similar indeed, small differences but similar concept.

My one is a little higher, the Godspeed one lines are different in that is sort of extends out then after a little way even more so whereas mine flows at one continuous depth.

Then the Godspeed one comes further out at the back, whereas mine doesn't come out as far but is higher up.

As said it's just small marginal differences and I really like the Godspeed one, when I contacted a chap in the States I was led to believe (might be wrong) these were just a sort of custom made few and only around 20 were made. I couldn't find any sources but was quoted figures around $1,400 for one, then shipping, duties and VAT didn't make for great value.

I bought my top section for around £120 and largely because my LED brake light was broken so the spoiler itself was seen almost as free to me. I then had it created up for me and sprayed all in for less than 1/2 a Godspeed one would of cost.

With the mould I can make replicas of mine for around £250 which as said previously compared to things like the MINES top lip which is over £2,500 it's quite a hefty price difference. I figured if mine looked rubbish then I'd just change it back to my now OEM spare but as it is I really like it. Just looks more aggressive without looking out of place. Was just a cheap / quirky project really.
Yes the godspeed is a bit pricey.
1000$ and then you can fix with the VAT and freight any way you like ;)
might only say 200$ on the invoice.

Any way your look very nice :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts