GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I need a new CV joint / boot for my R32 GTR. Any ideas on which parts suppliers are good and where to go?

John

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
nissan dealer ,just need your chassis number:wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Registered
717 Posts
or get a split boot from your local motor factors and no need to remove cv joint then, make sure you get a QH one as these are great and last as long as normal boot

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think you'll find you cant buy a cv joint, only a complete shaft, from Nissan. If it's just a Boot you need, get in touch with Abbey. They're cheaper than Nissan for genuine Nissan parts???

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
i think you will find you can buy a d/s boot from nissan it comes in a kit with clips and grease ,i bought one last year for my r33gtr.i suppose it depends on how good your local nissan dealer is.my local nissan dealer said the only thing thay struggel to get is some body parts as there hard to identify. as i said before go in with your chassis number and they should be able to get you one if thay know what there on with:wavey:

·
Registered
916 Posts
NigelR32 said:
I think you'll find you cant buy a cv joint, only a complete shaft, from Nissan. If it's just a Boot you need, get in touch with Abbey. They're cheaper than Nissan for genuine Nissan parts???

Regards
Sorry, my post looks like I'm trying to say you can "Only" buy a complete shaft from Nissan.
What I meant to say was:- You can get the boot kits, but you'll find they're cheaper from Abbey. If you need a CV joint as well, particularly on the front, I think they're only available as a complete shaft assembly.

Regards

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
having the driveshafts on my GT-R replaced this month (hopefully) i just bought 2 new driveshafts,

just alot easier, cost me £40 each unit

·
Registered
412 Posts
ive just bought some from rb motorsports, £30 each (comes with all clips & grease) and they are genuine nissan parts, takes about 2 hours to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts