GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from two weeks of sunning myself in Cyprus...nice beer (Keo), fantasic weather, oh and I spotted 12 Skylines! Can't seem to get away from them:D . Seem to be common as muck in Cyprus.

Stu

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
We discussed this one recently Stu as I remember downloading the video of the R32 GTR wildly driving:D down as cyprus street.
You did not go to visit Gtuned in Nicosia then?
check out his website for videos. I am looking forward to a passenger ride next time I am there.
Don't think I can get Cyprus for the honeymoon though as it will be a skyline free (i.e. no use of the forum whilst on holiday either):D

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Been there lots

Hey, I have been there lots of times and aint seen one, but guess they they could be imported by the squadies eh ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops!

I suppose thats what you get for not keeping up with the threads! Dave, I'll make sure I look before I post next time.

Steve,

I was staying in Pafos and took a trip to Limassol, saw lots of R33 GTs's in both places. Didn't see many GTR's and didn't see any R34 GTRs at all. Did see some tasty R34 GTTs. We seem to be backwards in this country, loads of GTRs with the GTS's only catching on slowly...not that I'm complaining!!!!

Sun-tanned Stu:cool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Loads of importers all over Cyprus. Just came back last week myself. Much less restictions over there, plus lower duty and vat and no SVA menas its an importers paradise.

Do you see the Dealer on the road between Kato Paphos and Paphos town centre ? Three Nismo liveried R33's in the showroom and a Metro 6R4 for sale outside. Quality :)

You want to go down the Harbour at Paphos any evening of the week - every car is an import !

Chris

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yip

Hi Chris,

As I was holiday (and much to the wife's disgust!:D ), I made a special trip to see the Dealer on the road between Kato Paphos and Paphos town centre. Some very very tasty motors in there. Didn't bother looking for the prices as I'm sure it would have broken my heart:(

Stu

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good thread !

I hadnt considered it from a Cypriot point of view. Certainly the dealers were quoting me duty free, but as Cyprus isnt in the EU youd still have to pay duty,vat and do an SVA in this country so its not worth getting cars from Cyprus :-(
Once Cyprus is in the EU, no vat to pay and lower (if any) duty to land it here so it might be a back-door into the UK, like Ireland was a few years ago.

Chris

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bl**dy H3ll!!!

I thought tax was bad here, thanks for the thread link Dave:), would seem that Cyprus is a very popular holiday location. Oh and I disagree about the beer, I thought the Keo was fine, better than Carlsberg!

Stu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts