GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, thanks for all your help on the instalation, the next question is..... ive put the 700cc injectors in, ive set them up to everyones recomendations and im running 2.5bar fpr.

it runs beutifully until 4.5k, then it dies, like fuel shortage etc. im running a 255l/h fuel pump and i have the boost controller turned off so im only making .7bar boost.

anyone have any suggestions ? thanks, si

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Your injectors should be running 3 bar fuel pressure with the vacuum / boost pipe removed at idle.

What lambda and ignition values do you have at .7 bar when it cut's out?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was cheering you on @totb :)

ive since turned the fuel pressure up to 3 with the pipe off, but still the same. i dont know what other values id have other than what showes on the powerfc. the pressure sensors, injectors are both no where near max, the turbos were running 1.2bar before i put this power fc on. id bought the d-jetro to run more boost, closer to 1.7 so am a bit dissapointed at the mo.

im running stock coils and the lamba sensors are 4months old. do i have to set anything else up in the setup?

thanks for your help, kind regards, simon

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Fuel press needs to be higher with them injectors imho, are you making any map changes or running the base map?
How are you checking fuelling?

Rob

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cant check fueling at the mo, ive adjusted the injector duty acordingly and the response too. other than that its the stock map. im running 3bar fuel with vacume off. ohh and a 255l/h pump. what pressure should i be running?
thanks pall, si

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
leave at 3 bar if you cant check fuelling then, your injectors atomise better at 4bar and have a much better spray pattern... but you need to check fuelling to account for the extra fuel.

What have you got the injector % set to?

What fuel values are on the base map where it dies?

Rob

p.s. get it mapped mate, the base map runs far too much ignition in places and the fuelling is off as you know.. The base map is there as a base, not a run map.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a fuel pressure gage if thats what you mean? i can adjust it to 4bar, the injectors are set at 62.5% at the moment. im not sure what its saying on the apexi but the fuel peek is 28% on the commander. its confusing cos the car was running fine before i put the injectors and d-jetro in, over the other powerfc and stock injectors. do you think the 255l/h fuel pump could be running out? im only running .8bar at the moment.
thanks for your help mate, si

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Si,

You did not answer my question on what air / fuel ratio you are running, if you do not know what it is, you need to stop mucking around with things and take it to someone that has the equipment to tune your engine before you blow it up.

Things like a wideband lambda and detonation monitoring equipment are an absolute necessity when tuning your engine so that you obtain maximum power without risking your engine.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
bigsi said:
lol, yeh mate, even checking that one in my sleep now ive done it that often . thanks si:p
Good man, I assumed you would have but would obviously have given exactly that problem and was not mentioned in your list of already tried. Assumed it was too obvious but thought worth mentioning....

Good luck and hope yoiu find a solution.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks nick, always worth mentioning mate. and hugh i fully agree with you, its getting maped on thursday but dont want to pay for them to tell me something simples wrong. im also buying a wideband for future ref. it is a must so as soon as im financially better off again ill buy one. thanks again chaps, si

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
BTW Si, I have the D Jetro on mine, mapped by Abbey and could not be happier with it. Will be worth the time and expense of getting it set up in the long run.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts