GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D1GB Finals @ Trax

As an exciting twist to the first ever D1 National Championship we have been able to further expand the
promotion and professional status of the Championship by securing an alternative venue for the grand
finale to the 2006 Championship which will now be held at Silverstone on September 3rd 2006 in
conjunction with one of the most popular and well attended performance shows of the year ‘TRAX’ as a
result of building works to accommodate the Championship and essential drift requirements at
Rockingham which unfortunately did not go ahead.

The date and venue change (originally Rockingham 17th Sept) will result in an excited 20000 existing
TRAX fans witness the speed, intensity and excitement of the best drift drivers Europe have to offer where
the winner of the 2006 D1GB National Championship will be crowned, following a year-long campaign at
the 6 Championship events held at the UK’s premier circuits.

commented on the news release:

‘As a combined team effort, our drivers, sponsors and
Championship have been able to raise the bar to demonstrate that professional drift can be one of the
most exciting forms of motorsport you can witness and our move to the TRAX show at Silverstone proves
our ability to make bold changes to continue the professional edge of the Championship. The TRAX show
will draw our biggest crowd all year, ending the year with a big bang and introducing the world of drift to
even more petrol heads that are yet to witness the phenomenon first hand alongside our existing fans’.

added:

‘If the venue change wasn’t enough we have added a further edge to the final
round in that the circuit layout will run in reverse to that which we have utilised in the past, giving a
brand new course to our drivers, further enhancing their skill and allowing them no-time to be complacent
of our return to the great and drift-familiar surroundings of Silverstone. They will now start from the pitstraight
and proceed around Luffield and Brooklands and into Priory resulting in a super high-speed entry
of over 95 mph, which for Silverstone is the first time the circuit has ever been run in reverse for any
race/event meeting’

More info

http://d1gb.co.uk/

Round 4 of GT Battle/D1GB is this weekend:

Silverstone – August 20th

Round 5 – (the finals) of GT Battle/D1GB is:

Silverstone at ‘TRAX ’ – September 3rd

News about the GT Battle Time Attack Finals will be released soon

In the mean time here is a pic of a Japanese lady

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
OH GREAT does thart mean less track time for everyone else, was the local McDonalds fully booked ?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Andy W said:
OH GREAT does thart mean less track time for everyone else, was the local McDonalds fully booked ?
Get your **** down there and watch before passing comment.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think what andy trying to say is there is already a large (judging soley on last years event) amount of people who have booked track time, ranging all through the day with morning and afternoon sessions.

So how can TRAX and D1GP exist at one event in one day on one track?

D1 will have the Luffield sections - so where will the TRAX track sessions start/finish ?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Looks like this'll turn into a bit of a mare, especially when you'll inevitably have casualties from the drifting competitors and possibly (but hopefully not) the paying public thrashing their pride and joys.

So any carefully planned down to the last minute timing will be straight out of the window.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Gazmo1 said:
Get your **** down there and watch before passing comment.
i will be getting my **** down there as you put it and i bourght a ticket a while ago

but why this event should take up peoples track time is beyond me

·
Registered
823 Posts
I think it will be good for D1 and the sponsers of it!!

I take it time attack cars wont be running on the day??

George

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
SteveN said:
from what I understand, it wont.

maybe ask for more info before slagging stuff off you dont understand
i bourght a ticket to go to Trax, not to go watch D1, if i wanted to watch D1 i'd of bourght a ****ing ticket to watch it

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Andy it is bought:cool: bought:cool: .
D1 is cool:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:
And the boys that do it are cool:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Hmmm, Know what some of you are saying here as I go to and have been going to Goodwood FoS every year since it started. It is predominantly a car show, but we now have Jumbo jets and other "air" displays and it sort of detracts from the event. ie if I want to go see planes I go to an air show, such as Farnborough, if I want to go see rallying I go to Wales for the RAC rally of GB. I have, like many of you, been a loyal supporter of Trax since it started and have attended every year and have taken part on track. If we are now going to get to a situation where the "track addict" has to make way for a more commercial event that will P*ss me and a lot of others off. Especially if our time is even further squashed to allow all the events to take place. I have paid for my tickets as far back as Feb this year, and if the Trax organisers start ****ing around with the timing and organisation of the event I for one won't be happy. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I know Andy and some of the drift boys very well and enjoy watching and may one day take part, but for now I feel that these 2 events should be kept separate. Maybe we can run a pole ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts