GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i am looking at new brakes for my r33 gtr as mine are bit worn, any opinions on what would be better for fast road "maybe" a track day as well

looking at the d2 8pot with 355mm discs or would a set of performance friction discs with good pads using standard brembo 4pots be better?

going to be using uprated brake lines and changing fluid as well

whats your suggestions?

kind regards

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ive just fitted performance friction pads and discs to the front ebc discs and performance friction pads to the rear with do luck braided lines and its awesome, no pad noise and they stop really well i cant comment on the d2's but they are cheap chinese stuff so i would not expect the discs to last long etc, but i dont have any first hand experience so i may be wrong

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info could you pm me how much £££ they cost you as im looking to purchase this friday

thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know what you mean, im quite a late breaker anyway and the standard stuff just aint up to the job just gotta decide D2 8 pots or performance friction discs and pads the D2's are around £1000 but dont know how much the PF discs & pads are

·
Registered
374 Posts
The calipers r the same design as d2 but the discsand pads r better as far as i know you get calipers discs and pads plus bolts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i paid about 780 for the discs and front and rear pads from performance friction plus i think the whole lot came to about 900 for front and rear with lines

they were the most expensive front discs i have ever bought but they seem to do the job i have not been on a track or anything but the bedding in procedure ( working up to 3x 100mph stops lol) was enough to convince me they are able to take a lot of abeating

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok thanks for the info guys, i think im going to go with PF discs & pads with uprated brake lines and a decent fluid, does anybody know where to get PF stuff from and what is a good brake fluid to use?

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
hi guys, i am looking at new brakes for my r33 gtr as mine are bit worn, any opinions on what would be better for fast road "maybe" a track day as well

looking at the d2 8pot with 355mm discs or would a set of performance friction discs with good pads using standard brembo 4pots be better?

going to be using uprated brake lines and changing fluid as well

whats your suggestions?

kind regards
Just a thought but what would you like to improve on the current set-up? If it's just general feel then fresh pads, fluid, hoses and discs can make a massive difference. Bit like new tyres always feeling better than worn ones.

On the other hand if you change the calipers you could flog your old ones to offset some of the cost.

·
Registered
726 Posts
l run d2 8 pots 330 discs its a copy of ap-racing. and driving hard at the nurburg-ring and a few trackdays this year, l could not fault them. but 1 thing is the sports pads that come with the set will wear very quickly once used in anger. burnt them out in a few laps of the ring. put ebc yellows on as thats all l could get local, they worked well.
if your on a buget D2 are good
if your not go for the real thing ap-racing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts