GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a DAB radio/receiver to their R35?

Considering using a PURE Highway which I've used in other vehicles with much success. However, the standard sticky inside screen aerial is a bit pants and I've always used a magnetic exterior aerial. Don't think it'll last fitted outside the R35 at speed?! So thinking of splicing a connector off the standard AM/FM aerial? Is this easy to access?!

Any suggestions/experience welcome!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Has anyone fitted a DAB radio/receiver to their R35?

Considering using a PURE Highway which I've used in other vehicles with much success. However, the standard sticky inside screen aerial is a bit pants and I've always used a magnetic exterior aerial. Don't think it'll last fitted outside the R35 at speed?! So thinking of splicing a connector off the standard AM/FM aerial? Is this easy to access?!

Any suggestions/experience welcome!
I am trying to use a PURE Highway in mine with the sticky aerial without much success:mad: I have mounted the unit in the centre console with the aerial taped on the rear screen in various positions, but in Dorset it does not want to work well at all:mad:

Dave.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to use a PURE Highway in mine with the sticky aerial without much success:mad: I have mounted the unit in the centre console with the aerial taped on the rear screen in various positions, but in Dorset it does not want to work well at all:mad:
I've used the PURE Highway in my old Subaru Outback and in my current Navara. On both occasions the sticky aerial was initially used on the windscreen. In my 1.5 hour journey to work across Wiltshire & Hampshire I got uninterrupted DAB signal for about 5 minutes in total! I was advised by PURE to try their exterior magnetic aerial and then on the same journey only lost signal for about 30 seconds! :clap:

My concern with the GTR is whether the magnetic aerial is robust enough? There is also no sunroof to route the cable through.

On other vehicles (using a Blaupunkt DAB head unit) I've linked the standard FM/AM aerial to the DAB function with acceptable results; was wondering if this is possible on the GTR? What is the GTR aerial ... chassis, windscreen, rear-screen ... ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts