GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, does anyone know if there's a meet in Daikoku Futo in Japan any of the days/nights from the 15th to the 20th of September (next week)? Or where would be the best place to find out if there was?

I'm over in Japan for a week for the first time & after reading a few threads on it here & seeing the photos they look like awesome meets to witness!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What time are the meets usually at do you know? Afternoons, evenings, night?

If there's one on I'll turn up with my girlfriend. I'll know no-one there though & in a country where I don't speak its language it might be a little intimidating; so to make sure I don't step on anyone's toes what is the ettiquette over there for these meets? Can I just turn up, stroll around, take a few snaps & if I hear someone speaking english (or Irish as the case may be! :D) just walk up to whomever & have some car banter? :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Daikoku Futo is just a parking area. anyone can just go and hang out. And there is a lot a foreigners going there every week. Do you have a car or somebody to drive you there?

And the best time to go. at least on saturday, is at around 9pm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh that's cool then, thanks for that sir. :)

I have a friend in Tokyo but not sure whether they've a car or not, nevermind are free that night to drive us out - I do have directions as to how to get there (or very near there) by train & taxi though, takes about an hour from where we're staying in the centre of Tokyo I gather from google maps.

If that's the case then we'll try & aim for then so - I'm told that to get the train back into Tokyo we'd need to leave there by about 11pm to make sure we get all the way back in before they stop for the night, does that sound about right?

·
Registered
217 Posts
The only way you can get there is by car or Taxi. I wouldn't mind driving you there, if I'm available to go, but I only have room for one passenger.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The last time I went down on a Friday night there the drifting started about 11:30 pm and ended at 4:30 am. It was pretty cool, drove down to the actual intersection where the drifting was going on, I had to follow someone to get there, took some great pictures, it was cool.
JP

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm going down tomorrow night with my oldest son. It's his 8th birthday tomorrow and he wants to go for a ride in the GT-R and see some cool cars.

Gonna be meeting up with an old Navy buddy tomorrow night as well, so if you come tomorow, look for a Midnight Purple R33 GT-R with white Yokohama AVS wheels and a NICOclub banner on the back window. That'll be me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries, I'll see about trying to make it on Friday so but get back fairly late from visiting Mount Fuji, around 7-8pm so not sure that's too late to head down?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hell, I probably won't get down there till after 9, so that's not to late at all.

Just be sure you can arrange transportation back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Lots of cars there tonight.

Saw Dan, but he was the only guy I knew there...lol.

If I had known you were gonna head down, Adam, I would have told ya I was going...lol.

Oh well.

Have fun tomorrow if you go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All going well we'll see whomever's from around Tokyo down there this evening (Saturday)! :cool: I've spotted some tasty R34s, an S15 & a Sil80 since I've been here, and also a really nice RX8 at the Toyko Tower about 2 days ago that I hope I'll see again - I've never seen one I've actually liked until I saw that particular one, subtle styling but it just looked right. :thumbsup:

See you there folks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts