GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: Will any one be around during autosalon, friday nite or saturday nite at daikoku futo???
2: When would be the best time to visit???

·
Banned
466 Posts
I believe there is a gathering on friday night at Daikoku and Nick M and i will be there. Nick will be driving in the 500 BHP Ford Mustang GT, so you wont miss this site!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Can someone PM me or post up the details. I'm sure there are a few of those of us travelling that might like to go to this :D

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
It's more just a kind of tradition - we generally meet up down there at about 9:30 after the show. The usual Friday night stuff is going on at Daikoku plus a large number of tourists (both foreign and Japanese) appear because they've been to the show.
Dino, Miguel, Gio etc are all out of the country at the moment - so this tends to just get arranged when we meet up at TAS.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I will be there + 1, you will meet him at TAS.
He is flying in from Ohio on Wed, will be with
me for 1 week, really cool guy. He used to
live here about 2 years ago, was here for 4 yrs.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Gaz - You have PM.

If one of the guys from Tokyo can't give you a lift, jump on a train to Yokohama. I'm sure Adam wouldn't mind you jumping in with us?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
We raced through the streets at up to 180kph - amazing, just like something out of a computer game! Got there too late as the police had shut tohe raod but by all accounts it wasn't a very good turn out. Happily we went on to another meet :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
i enjoyed the odysey in the odysey. It's not how you stand by your odysey, it's how you do burnouts in the carpark.

yes, it was a shame we got to daikoku late, but on the bright side the next one is only 364 days away!

The only realy downside was I missed the last train and after walking past dozens of taxis I ended up having to que for one with a drunk guy contstantly touching against me. I was about half a bees dick away from snapping but his breath was so potent I thought any move on my part may set of some kind of massive explosion!

Anyway, It has to be said a big thankyou to Bean for trying his best to get 15 or so folk out to Daikoku. I'm sure he is working today purely to pay off all his toll bills! Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
i enjoyed the odysey in the odysey. It's not how you stand by your odysey, it's how you do burnouts in the carpark.

yes, it was a shame we got to daikoku late, but on the bright side the next one is only 364 days away!

The only realy downside was I missed the last train and after walking past dozens of taxis I ended up having to que for one with a drunk guy contstantly touching against me. I was about half a bees dick away from snapping but his breath was so potent I thought any move on my part may set of some kind of massive explosion!

Anyway, It has to be said a big thankyou to Bean for trying his best to get 15 or so folk out to Daikoku. I'm sure he is working today purely to pay off all his toll bills! Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.
Sorry man - I forgot that the Yamanote stops running earlier at the weekend :(

Don't worry - I don't get the ETC bill until next month - should be able to cover it by then ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
We raced through the streets at up to 180kph - amazing, just like something out of a computer game! Got there too late as the police had shut tohe raod but by all accounts it wasn't a very good turn out. Happily we went on to another meet :)
yeah, 6 cars came from yokota, and we came too late
so we just went around flying down the highways

Deisel in the tank, and a blown tire later i was home around 7 Am
apparently the green nozzle is deisel. dont get it. doesnt run well in gas cars.
and takes forever to get out.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sorry man - I forgot that the Yamanote stops running earlier at the weekend :(

Don't worry - I don't get the ETC bill until next month - should be able to cover it by then ;)
Thanks Bean-san, much appreciated. Just the noise from the Odyssey "support vehicle" was enough for me. See you next year!

Gaz.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
yeah, 6 cars came from yokota, and we came too late
so we just went around flying down the highways

Deisel in the tank, and a blown tire later i was home around 7 Am
apparently the green nozzle is deisel. dont get it. doesnt run well in gas cars.
and takes forever to get out.
Who all went?
LOL @ the diesel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts